War Wing power system

Started by Georgetsigaridis, October 03, 2019, 09:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgetsigaridis

Hi everyone

I was talking with Bruce regarding the war-wing kits and the power system required to fly them. Being new to the hobby I do not have any spare parts from previous demised planes (yet) to use for the war-wing build.

Bruce kindly offered to compile a list of items (prop, motor, servos, receiver, batteries, etc.) that I can purchase from HobbyKing to complete the build. His recommendations will be up for viewing in this thread.

If you find yourself in similar circumstances and would like to place a group order to save on shipping please post to this thread. You can either order the whole list, as I will be doing, or a custom list that meets your needs.

Looking forward to the build and a big thank you to Bruce!

msatin

Great idea George
I'm in for the complete Bill of Materials
You never fail until you stop trying

Canuke

I'm not sure what Bruce will suggest but I would recommend a motor that is 3-4 cell capable along with a 40amp esc. Warwings fly fine on a 3 cell but they fly better on a 4 cell (IMO).
With this combo you could still fly on 3 cells and move onto 4 cells when you feel confident. I would also add 4 cell 2200's into the order (if you have enough 3's) because again there are lots of great 4 cell models to move into.
I do have a new Turnigy Park 480 1020kv (3cell) still in the box and 2 new 40 amp esc's you can either borrow or buy if you are hoping to get the wing flying this season. Several of us also have extra servos etc. if needed.
I also have a Sunnysky x2216-8 1250 which is a 3 or 4 cell motor. I would actually suggest this motor because I like 4 cell power on the warwings.

Canuke

I should have mentioned I do have an extra ready to fly warwing if you wish to get into combat immediately.