Couldn't Resist

Started by octagon, April 14, 2019, 05:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

So I was feeling particularly airplaney today, but the rain did not let up and there was not chance of flying. I had just a few things to do to the Cl 415, so I did those but it was a bit late in the day to start a whole new project like the flaps for the FW190 or sheeting the wing or whatever. I kept looking at the CL, our small above ground pool, and the rain. Finally, I could not resist any longer seeing the plane on the water. It floats and does not leak!!! Turns out one wing is heavier than the other for who knows what reason, at least they are the same length on this one. Anyway, need to add about 1 3/4 ounce of weight to the left wing. I have to do a bit of detailing, doors and things, but otherwise it is ready to fly. I think I like this plane even more than my Top Flite Spitfire. Hope it lasts longer!
What could possibly go wrong?

Bigstik

Hi Rob,   

what are the specs?
Bigstik

sihinch

For the pool or the plane?  ;D

bweaver

Looks great Rob... It floats. That's the first part.  The second part will come naturally as it speeds across a lake or down a runway. Regardless it is going to take to the sky!

Frank v B

Great idea floating it in the pool.   

Andy will be so proud of you when you tell him you worked hard on the background by carefully placing maple and oak leaves in the pool as background effect.  In fact, if you would have added a Canadian beer bottle, Wingnutz would have been all over this picture. ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

VadimKirillov

The question is will it fly below or above the water? I can hear " Yellow submarine" in the background.