2019 Flight Instruction Program

Started by bweaver, April 27, 2019, 01:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Hello Temac Members

Welcome to the beginning of our 2019 student night flight training season.

This coming Wednesday evening (May 1, 2019) might be the start to our clubs weekly flight instruction Wednesday evening sessions. (Weather and field condition dependent.)

Similar to past years, Wednesday evenings starting at 6 p.m. are dedicated solely for student flight training.

Students should be aware that being an Instructor is fun and rewarding, however it's not always relaxing!

Students please remember that Instructors do like to fly their planes at other times as their personal time permits. So please don't arrive at the field at times other than Wednesday evenings without having made prior arrangements and expect or ask an instructor to assist you to fly.

Our Instructors are all generous and supportive volunteers and they will often help students at other times than Wednesday evenings.  Some Instructors such as myself will likely post their availability on the forum, so that students can attend and receive assistance at the time specified. 

Alternative student/instructor arrangements can also be made. By all means arrange with an Instructor ahead of time to fly with you at a mutually agreeable time.

Respecting the start of our flight training season this Wednesday May 1, 2019, I cannot say at this time if it will be a "go" or "no go" yet.  Up to to now, our weather has not been that cooperative and the forecast for this Wednesday evening isn't that promising.

I will announce/confirm on this website, in this forum, Wednesday mornings, whether flight instruction will proceed as scheduled or not, depending on the weather and forecast.

All students and club members should be aware of our flight training program.  Please refer to http://temac.ca/?page_id=250

Similarly students and club members must be aware and adhere to our field safety rules.  Refer to them at http://temac.ca/?page_id=239

Let's be safe, be courteous and have funk as always.

sihinch

I can't wait to have funk at the field!

octagon

How appropriate Wed may be the start of training. It happens to be my first day of retirement. What a way to celebrate.
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

RE: I can't wait to have funk at the field! ( @sihinch 's comment)

Neither can I.  You should have seen what I corrected in my edit.  There is some benefits to proofreading.

But what fun would there be in it anyway, if I was always prefect?

Frank v B

Us usual, I will be there no matter what the weatherman says.  If it rains, I will be at Tim's.

The Grounds Crew* is meeting there at about 3:30 pm to prep the field.

Frank

* Graham, Gerald, FvB
"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

Bruce,

I have a FliteTest Simple Cub that I just finished building.  It is currently a 3 channel and I'd like to start learning with that setup.  It's easily converted to 4 channel which I'll do after a bit of time.

I'm going to head over to the field on Wed. May 22, but wanted to check that this plane in a 3 channel setup will be permitted as a starting point.

Cheers,

David

Frank v B

Bruce,

David showed up at the field today with his simple Cub and your humble simple instructor test flew the airplane, trimmed it out and got the bugs out.  David is now ready for Wednesday.

Frank

ps: David, I think you left your glasses at the field.  Richard Budney has them.
"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

Thanks for today... and about the glasses.