FIELD CLEAN-UP APRIL 27 - ROLL CALL-

Started by Frank v B, April 16, 2019, 10:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Rodgers

Hi Graham et al,

Count me in for the 4th of May (next week).  I was unable to make it this week due to other family events going on, so am glad for this change, but will RSVP sooner next time.

Looking forward to seeing you (and the light of day) again!
per ardua ad astra

Frank v B

Awful thought.

Next week Andy should be back and forcing us into this year's version of last year's Conga Line photo.  He will probably have us sitting in a line pretending to be national rowing champs.   ;D ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

Quote from: Frank v B on April 27, 2019, 08:07:10 PM
Awful thought.

Next week Andy should be back and forcing us into this year's version of last year's Conga Line photo.  He will probably have us sitting in a line pretending to be national rowing champs.   ;D ;D

Frank

WOOPS!  Something JUST came up.  I don't think I'll be able to make it next week! 

;D  Just kidding...

gmcnic

Finally there is the fresh smell of Spring in the air.  A bit of light drizzle in the morning followed by sunshine in the afternoon.
So perfect for the clean up.

I am happy to say, " the Spring clean up is on for tomorrow, 04/May starting at 09:30am.

Garden rakes, grass seed spreaders, and boots for the moist conditions.  The runway may still be too soft for walking/rolling, but we can certainly get everything else done.  Look forward to seeing you in the morning.

Hot Choco, Coffee, sweet carbs will be available after the work is done for those who done it.

Cheers,
Graham

bweaver

Great!  Great!  Great!  The more the merrier. The more makes for light work.  The more members attending is the TEMAC way. 

When the work is done, don't forget there are a number of planes ready for maidening and some are just being brought out to get the dust off them and into the air to start off the new flying season.

gmcnic

A huge "thank you" to the 25+ folks who cut through the fog, put up with the drizzle, seeded, rolled, marked the fence, trenched the lane way and worked (played??) the stream.  The grass is nice and green but still very wet.  Likewise, the runway is floating but I did manage to get a first roll done on it.  With some sunny days ahead, hopefully it will all begin to dry out. 

Once the ground firms up towards the end of May/early June, we are planning to bring in some gravel for the parking lot and lane way.

Just a few requests:
1.  Please avoid walking on the runway/taxiways until they dry out.
2.  Please park on the gravel in the parking lot, not on the soft grass along the fence.

Many thanks to all.  You are a fun and productive gang!
Graham

Michael

Thank you, so much, Graham, for leading this effort.
Michael