E F 1 pylon race

Started by Polecat, May 07, 2019, 09:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Hi   E F 1 pylon racers, just a reminder that our spring race will be Sun May 26, staring time 10:30. I haven't been out to our field yet as the weather has been so bad but will be out this week. If the field is to wet we will hold the race on Sun. June 2.
I Will keep you all posted, hope to see a good turn out from the Temac gang. Please advise if you can make either date.

Race is rescheduled to Sun June 2.

Ken

sihinch

Can't make May 26th I'm afraid, Ken.

June 2nd looks OK.

Polecat

Simon

Thanks for replying, there is a possibly we might have to move the race to June 2, because of the field being so wet and nothing done to it, we need to roll it and be able to drive in.
I will keep everyone posted.

Ken

bweaver

I am good for both dates and look forward to the new challenge.

Bruce

Polecat

Race is rescheduled to Sun June 2.

Ken

Frank v B

Ken,

Thanks.  I will write it down. An extra week of shivering while flying!
;D
Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

I am now free on May 26th and confirmed for the 2nd. (That's how my calendar worked Frank.) 

June 2nd will give me a little more time to get the shoestring going and a few practice flights in.

Polecat

Quote from: bweaver on May 16, 2019, 08:11:01 AM
I am now free on May 26th and confirmed for the 2nd. (That's how my calendar worked Frank.) 

June 2nd will give me a little more time to get the shoestring going and a few practice flights in.
Bruce Take your time and don't rush anything getting the String ready, also fly it on a 3cell lipo for a few flights.

Frank v B

Frank v B

Just for the record, here are the directions to Orangeville's EF-1 RaceFest.

We start at Tim's on the west side of Hiway #27, less than one km south of Hiway #9.  Note: Hiway #27 is 6 km west of Hiway 400 at the south end of Holland Marsh.

We will leave Tim's in a convoy by 9 am.

West on Hiway 9 for 34.1 km's where #9 "T's" into #10 where the McDonald's is located just north of the intersection.
North on Hiway 10  for 13.4 km's to Sideroad 20.  This is just after you see the first Windmills to the west.
West (left) on 20 for 16.3 km's until the road ends at a "T" intersection stop sign.  Turn right (north)... after you stop!
North on this road.  After 1.4 km's it turns into a gravel road.  At the 3.2 km mark from the "T" intersection you will see a farm on the right.  It is the first farm north of the little concrete bridge in the road. Drive between the buildings and turn left at the fork in the driveway (200').  Just before you hit the grass runway  (300 ft) it turns east (right).  You will see the cars and the stars.

Frank (Mr. Second Last)

Frank v B

Temac's new secret weapon.  Bruce maidened his Shoestring on an 8x6 and 3 cells.  Flew fine.  He will now upgrade to overdrive with an 8x6 on 4 cells.

Glenn brought out two EF-1's to the field today. 
Michael flew his EF-1.  He brought two as well (Scarlet Screamer and Pogo)

My Pogo suffered from Cory-itis and could not fly so I flew my Hammer hand launch instead (EF-1 motor, 4 cells, 8x8 APC) and showed everyone around the race course. 8)

Orangeville guys you better be ready for us.  The Tim's convoy is getting bigger.  It sounded like one or two people may join us to volunteer.  Soon we may even out-number you and just beat you into submission. 8)

Frank

ps: I added a copy of the photo from Chris Fernando's post (Flying May 25, 26) showing me flying the Hammer hand-launch or as we call it "a plane with poor man's retracts".  The photo is blurry probably because of the subsonic speeds. :D.  According to Andy, my entire life has been a blur. ;)

bweaver

I am somewhat disappointed with Fedex to say the least.

My new order of 4 s batteries purchased for racing have now been shipped from just around the corner to Calgary.  Tracking says I should get them today. Sure I will. >:(

Thanks FEDEX for nothing.

I still have older 4 s that I can use race day but not size or quality I wanted to use.

(Look on the bright side Bruce it could be worse)

cpaine

Wow... I think we are out numbered!! That's ok. We will let our flying do the talking!
Great to see the  temac crew Is getting all pumped up, and bringing some newbs or fresh meat so to speak. Hope the weather is decent. I'll wake up on Sunday and get some "trim" flights on the coarse... try and keep up. ;)

Cheers boys
Cory
(realized i posted in General discussion-reposted here)
maac #26951

bweaver

Polecat

FEDX screwing up again!!!  Bruce  I have a couple of near new Nano Tech Packs, 4c 2600's you can use, with Deans plugs on them.
Let me know as I can charge, cycle and charge.
I have been watching the weather forecast for a couple days now, its not looking good for Sun., NW winds 31k, gusts to 47. A clearing front moving through for next week.

Ken