Lost and Found May 8, 2019

Started by Richard_RC_Guy, May 08, 2019, 04:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_RC_Guy

-

Frank v B

Found a whole lot of stuff.

Hey Andy, remember how we have been carefully planting balsa wood in the field over the last few years.  The only thing I harvested today was a lot of foam and a few valuable parts

- A foamy landing gear (complete)
- A Radian folding prop.
- an E-Flite 180 BL motor and prop.  Probably Simon's from his David and Goliath adventure a few weeks ago.... except Goliath won.
- an Apprentice battery hatch with silver tape.

Photo of the stuff below.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

One could almost make a warwing out of that!  I don't recognize any of the blue foam as mine though. 

You obviously didn't photo and promptly pocketed your own parts you recovered.  Something prompted the walk.  I didn't see a new fitbit on your wrist. What had you spring planted yesterday @Frank v B , that we didn't hear about last night?  Come on Gerald, you can tell us.  ::)

Thanks for the recovery mission regardless. 

sihinch

Ah, Frank.  You're a generous and kind fellow.

Indeed, the BL180 is probably from my C-Ray crash.  It's mounted to a black plastic motor mount.

Frank v B

Bruce,

Yes, I lost a folding prop/spinner off my UHU on the first flight and prompted the first walk of shame.  Peter (guest from Toronto Club) and I walked the field and found it.  That's also when I found the BL 180 and the battery hatch. 
Then before the flying started, I walked the perimeter about 50' from the cut grass on the south, east and north sides.  That's when all the other parts were found..... and that's the Alternate truth.

They make a special FitBit for me.  It has no memory and measures distance in light years, rounded down. ;)

Frank

Frank v B

Simon,

Good News: cleaned up the BL 180 and the black prop was in the pusher mode.  The black motor mount was attached to foam.  It is all cleaned up and lubricated.

Bad news: I can't get it to spin with a good ESC which works on another motor.  It just beeps and jerks as if one of the three connections is broken.

Frank