BL motor goes nuts before flight. TX suspected.

Started by Frank v B, May 12, 2019, 04:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Was startled when powering up the Cobra Z for a flight yesterday.  The motor started pulsing regardless of the throttle setting and went through beeping sequences as if I were adjusting the timing.  The aileron and elevator worked properly.  Only the motor went squirrely. 
Andy and Mark helped so I could re-boot it and fiddle with the throttle.  This was the second flight for this model.

Today I tried three new ESC's, two new motors and all their permutations and combinations. Then tried a another DX6 transmitter and everything was fine.

Kept the new receiver in the plane with the same ESC and appears to be fine.  Programmed the plane on the new transmitter.
The suspect transmitter worked fine on another model earlier in the day yesterday at the field.

Have some of the electronics gurus experienced this before?  Oscar?  Pat? 

Frank

BTW- I have five DX6I transmitters and this is the first problem.
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Re: Was startled when powering up the Cobra Z for a flight yesterday.  The motor started pulsing regardless of the throttle setting and went through beeping sequences as if I were adjusting the timing.  The aileron and elevator worked properly.  Only the motor went squirrely.
Andy and Mark helped so I could re-boot it and fiddle with the throttle. This was the second flight for this model.

I noticed my name wasn't included in your list of gurus...  I was also amazed to see that the plane was getting a second chance at flight.  :-* For you @Frank v B

Frank v B

Bruce,

re: "I was also amazed to see that the plane was getting a second chance at flight."

What?  You don't believe in miracles?

Frank

re: Guru.  No comment. I'm not included either.
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Re: What?  You don't believe in miracles?

I know for a fact there are miracles.  (Every time I see you fly Frank,  every time I see you fly.)  ::)