Getting on the TEMAC Forum 101

Started by bweaver, May 13, 2019, 05:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Welcome!

This topic is a tutorial intended to help newbies to get started on the TEMAC Forum. 

Refer to the screen captures below and follow the instructions.

1 On the TEMAC website home page, click on the 'Forum'. (That action will take you to the Forum.)

2 You can review posts on the forum as a guest, but for replying to posts or starting a topic of your own, you will have to register.  Click on the register link.    (This will take you to the 'Terms of Use". Read them and if you agree, accept them.  This will now take you to the Registration Form)

3 Complete the registration information.  After filling in the form, click on the register button.  Now you are a member of the Forum.

4 Once you have completed your registration you can now go to the Morning Crew section of the website found on the main forum menu page.  Click on it and your now in the Morning Crew section.

5 Now click on any of the topics you wish to read or participate in, or if you wish you start a new topic by clicking on New Topic.

6 If you wish to reply or add to the topic you are reading, click on Reply.  To change pages in the topic click on the page number desired or on the previous or next page. 

7 If you desire more detailed instructions and help with the forum, click on the Help button.

Welcome to the TEMAC Forum.  Have fun.  I look forward to your topics and replies to topics.

Athol

craigc

Just testing to see if i've got the hang of it. [/cloudset]

bweaver

I had no doubt Craig that you would have no trouble getting on.  It's rest I am worried about.  But I have been watching and I see that there have been a few newbies joined the Forum.  Great! 

RogMason

Will we (ideally) be using this platform to communicate 'All Things Morning Crew', including lunch arrangements etc?  That would be great, as the list of Morning Crew  email address list keeps growing - as more guys join and inboxes are getting cluttered.
'Roger That...'

bweaver

Re Roger's comment:  Will we (ideally) be using this platform to communicate 'All Things Morning Crew'?

That's the plan Roger. 

While communicating with our freinds in the morning crew, our email list has grown to more than 30 TEMAC members. 

Keeping the list was getting cumbersome to manage and when people change their email address they found themselves no longer in the loop. 

The morning crew can still use email, or even use the personal messaging feature provided in this Forum when one wishes to have private conversations.

The sky's the limit on what we can use it for. For example, start a 'topic' in the Morning Crew Forum to tell others when you are going to the field to fly, when we are holding barbecue, when we are bringing out Warwings, etc.

Everything and anything that is happening on a weekday involving the morning crew can be communicated here. 

It can even be used for historical/record purposes to keep a record of what fun we are having.

Note to other TEMAC members.  No! you don't have to be part of the morning crew to post in the Morning Crew Forum.   As a matter of fact we even encourage it. (Eventually we hope everyone at some point can partake in morning crew activities.)

Similarly, if someone in the morning crew has plans for the evening, the weekend, or for other matters covered elsewhere in the broader TEMAC Forum, then use those areas of the Forum for the most applicable means of communication.