Flying this Saturday, May 18 10-1

Started by Frank v B, May 16, 2019, 09:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Looks like I will be flying this Saturday, May 18 from about 10 am to about 1 pm.  If anyone wants help with training, maidening or you just want to insult me you know when and where to find me ... or avoid me! ;)

Will try to maiden the Denight Special, the Mini P-51 (Kangke) and the V-900 bullet.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

Hello Frank,

I've just finished building a FliteTest Simple Cub.  My first build in over 40 years.  I only taxied it on the driveway so far.
I'm not a member of MAAC or TEMAC yet... I just found the TEMAC site today.  Could I join you for a chat tomorrow.  I'd like to talk about training and other things.
If that's ok, what time would you suggest?

Regards,

David

bweaver

Hi David,

In case Frank doesn't get back to you today, I am responding on his behalf.  (He may not check the Forum before heading out)

Frank has indicated that he will be at the field between 10 to 1.  I am sure if you show up, he will be happy to assist you with your inquiries. 

I am the club Chief Flight Instructor and Frank is the Assistant Chief Flight Instructor.  We have a great team of flight instructors and ground crew in our flight instruction team. 

TEMAC has free student instruction every Wednesday evening.  You are welcome to come out to talk with us and have your plane checked out. Provided you have joined TEMAC and your plane checks out OK and you have your membership and MAAC by then, the flight training crew will be happy to get you started. http://temac.ca/?page_id=250

Also be aware that this Sunday, between 12 and 3 is JETS DAY.  There is a bbq at 12 ($5) and the duct fan jets will be flying between 1 - 3.  You are welcome to come out and enjoy the event, ask questions and meet club members and flight crew that attend. 

Check out this link to help you identify some of the team.  Don't be afraid to step forward and introduce yourself.  http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6911.msg45744.html#msg45744

We look forward to meeting you.  Our motto is "Have fun, be safe and be courteous."

Bruce

davidk

Thank you, Bruce, for all the information.  I'll head out today for a chat.

David

msatin

At the Field today - May 18
You never fail until you stop trying

davidk

Thank you Frank, Richard, and everyone else at the field today, for your help, conversation, and patience.

Frank v B

David,

Thanks for your patience!  The Cub flew and is trimmed out.  It is a very flyable airplane.

We will be ready on Wednesday.  Hope to see you there.

Below are a few pictures of the activities at the field today.  I maidened the Kangke P-51 and got half-way on the Delight Special.  The motor would not throttle up so I will be working on that.

Good to see Rob D. at the field back from his trip.  Jim Spence flew his racer for the first time and Rogerthat was at the field as well.  Richard tried his jet.

As I was leaving the afternoon squad started arriving.  Michael arrived as I was leaving and I passed Glenn on Stouffville sideroad east of Bruce's Mill.

Frank

ps: I think you left your glasses on the table at the field.  Richard Budney has them.
"Never trade luck for skill"