JETS DAY at TEMAC - Sunday May 19, 2019

Started by Michael, May 16, 2019, 09:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

TEMAC Jets Day – Sunday, May 19, 2019 – 1 pm to 3 pm
All Temac members are invited to come along and have fun flying your electric ducted fan model airplane jets, from one o:clock until three in the afternoon. This is an informal FUNFLY, with regular flying before and after the time that's set aside for jets. A barbeque will be fired up at noon; $5 charge for hotdogs, drinks and snacks.
Right now, the weather forecast is so-so, but we hope it will improve. Make sure to keep an eye on the TEMAC website forum for changes or announcements. (The weather does look better for Saturday the 18th, so come and fly then too!) 

We're very welcoming at Temac, so if you don't have a ducted fan jet, but you have another plane that looks like a jet, you too can join in on the fun.

We ask that members help with the set-up and clean-up. If you can show up a bit early and contribute, or stay a bit after to clear up the field, we'd really appreciate it.
Michael

Michael

It seems no rain is forecast for Sunday afternoon. It may be a bit windy, but that can be good for jets.

Looking good!
Michael

sihinch

Jets! Jets! Love jets!

Big ass batteries are charging!

Michael

The weather forecast is improving.

Chances for showers in the morning, but warm ,sunny (with some clouds) and a south wind right up the runway, after noon!

Michael

Michael

It's a beautiful day today.

Barbecue starts at about noon; jets flying soon after.

:)
Michael

Michael

Great barbecue, about 50 people (pilots and guests), jets flying from about noon to 3-ish.
The wind really helped with the takeoffs and landings.
Long time member Glenn N commented; "This was the best Jets Day ever at TEMAC!"

A super-huge thank you to Graham and Andy, without whom we would not have enjoyed this event.
Also thanks to both Gregs, and everyone else who helped.

Michael

Michael

More photos (and more to come from Greg and others).

Michael

bweaver

Yes it was a great day and nice to see so many out.  Thanks for capturing the photographic moments Michael. 

Anyone have a fool proof way for recovering from a spin?  (Stupid thing, it wasn't the first time the PT 19 spiraled in.  When repaired, I hope to have better succuss.) 

Practice makes perfect at repairing and flying.

sihinch

I'm sorry about your PT-19 Bruce.  I'm kicking myself about my F-18.  Silly mistake, trying too hard to fly formation with Glenn.

But it was a great day - really enjoyed it.  The Space Shuttle is a bugger to fly, though!

Athol

@bweaver - Hi Bruce,  Two things for spin recovery:
1.  Altitude
2. Full opposite rudder and down elevator (hence the need for altitude).

Until next time!

Cheers

Athol

PS: THis link: https://www.boldmethod.com/learn-to-fly/maneuvers/the-four-steps-of-spin-recovery-explained-pare/

Crash

bweaver

@Athol , thanks for the link to the information, seems logical, straight forward, reasonable.

Now why didn't I do that?  More altitude?  Definitely.  Down elevator?  Sure, because it says so.  Right rudder?  Definitely...  unless it is spinning right, then left.   Now quickly think of these teaching points next time and apply.  I want a 'do over'.

Get out the glue...

Athol

I'd love to help with the "do over" 😋
Let me know when you're going to fly out again 😳

Michael

Photos from Greg H.

Michael

Michael

More ...

Michael