Wednesday May 22nd flight training IS A GO (if you dare)!

Started by bweaver, May 21, 2019, 02:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Be positive!  I will take those odds.

I'll see you there.

davidk

Looking forward to Wed. night.  I wonder how waterproof my waterproof foamboard is?

bweaver

@davidk , don't worry about it being waterproof.  It is my understanding, if it flies it'll likely float, unless it's a brick.  Look forward to meeting you.  Welcome to the club.

bweaver

Not enough positivity... the forecast hasn't really improved since my last post, but I will be there.  Last time I spoke to Frank, he had indicated he would be out as well.

When you are leaving, if the weather looks really bad, there is no problem with instruction team members deciding not to come. (If it looks that bad, there will likely be fewer students, so those that do show up should be sufficient to help out with students that do show up.)

See who ever shows up. 

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY, COME AGAIN ANOTHER DAY!

Georgetsigaridis

I am worried about the wind and the gusts. I will come but maybe to just watch today. Will keep an eye on the forum

davidk

It seems as though the weather, these days, changes in 10 minute intervals.
My wife tried to guilt me, last Saturday, into cutting the lawn... since her minute by minute checking of the weather forecast showed thunderstorms for Sunday.  I had checked Friday and it was sunny and warm for Sunday.  It was sunny and warm on Sunday until it rained that night.
Instead of cutting the grass I was at TEMAC... much better decision.
I'll be there tonight.

msatin

I'm charging my batteries and digging my winter gloves out of storage.
I will try to get there a little early to avoid some of the traffic - Probably about 5:15 or 5:30
You never fail until you stop trying

bweaver

Positivity, positivity, positivity.  Yes! The forecast is improving...  See you there.

George, learning to fly in the wind is helpful...

Bruce

Michael

Good luck to everyone this evening.

I won't be there; I still have work to do.
Michael

davidk

What a wonderful evening.

Thank you, Frank, so much for keeping the maiden flight (for me) of my Simple Cub in the air.  Months of planning and a few weeks of building couldn't have culminated in a better experience.
As the Brits would say... I'm chuffed!

And flying with Bruce with the Apprentice and ailerons was a treat.

Everyone was well looked after by Richard and BJ to make a very windy evening a success.

Thank you all.

David

Frank v B

Well, I can remember warmer New Year's funflys,  It was chilly, windy and very gusty:

Thank you to Bruce, Oscar, Richard and BJ for helping out tonight.  All of those students who flew will have learned as much as 3 flights for every flight they completed tonight.  Learning in gusty conditions make you so much better so much faster.

Frank

Note that not a single person looked warm in these photos!
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

I see Frank just beat me to the post.  Thanks for the photos.

While it was quite windy, it was a great evening. 

Considering the weather it was super to see 5 ambitious  students, (Kenny, Mark, George, Dave and Fabrice attending) and two potential students (newbies) who received introductory flights. 

Thanks to Frank vB, Richard, BJ, Oscar and Graham for your assistance with the students. It was good to see Gerald too...

Great repairs made to the runway/taxiways.  Thanks Graham, Gerald and Frank.

msatin

Thanks to the instructors(Bruce, Oscar, Richard, Frank and BJ  for not only braving the elements, but us newbies!
I had a great time again, and already looking forward to the next session
You never fail until you stop trying