Gravel Delivery 07/June (Friday) 1:30PM

Started by gmcnic, June 05, 2019, 01:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmcnic

I have arranged for delivery of 3 truckloads of gravel for the lane way and parking lot.
They will be delivered early Friday afternoon.

I will work with the driver to get him to dump-on-the-run as much as possible to minimize raking.
However, should anyone be able to join me for a little raking and rolling, it would be much appreciated.
Tools required = garden rakes and shovels.

The lane way and parking lot will be blocked for about 3 hours and flying will be restricted during this time.  Hope to have the field re-opened by 4PM.  Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

It's going to be hot, so bring lots of water if you are able to come out.

Graham

davidk

I'll be there with rake and shovel in hand.

bweaver

Re: I'll be there with rake and shovel in hand.

Yeh, but we hope you will use them too.  They aren't just to lean on.   :P

See you there.

gmcnic

Thank you, fellas!

I should have mentioned this is not like a Spring/Fall clean-up where we need lots of helping hands.
If we have a crew of about 6+ I think we will be fine.

So far, Richard, David, and Bruce.  I believe Gerald wants to work some gravel, too.
I will bring a cooler full of H2O.

Much appreciate everyone's help.
Graham

Frank v B

Sorry, Graham, I have three appointments on Friday.  I will be there in spirit.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

gmcnic

Well, the good news is we received 3 loads of gravel.
Unfortunately, the drivers were not quite as adept at running out nice strips.  So there really deep areas in the parking lot and the lane way.

The field is still accessible.
Drive in on the east (left) side, drive out on the right side.

We are looking to get a bobcat over the weekend to help spread out the gravel.
It may be tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning.

In the meantime, thanks to the great crew for your hard work!
Graham

gmcnic

UPDATE

Bobcat is scheduled for tomorrow morning from 11AM.

We will need access to the parking lot/lane way for about 2 hours.
Therefore, if you are at the field late morning, please park on the grass at the south end of the field beyond the "loo" and storage bin.

I realize it is going to be gorgeous weather, but it will be even better from early afternoon.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Graham

SeeFernando

Thanks for the exercise guys!  It was fun!

Photo 3 captures the result of Bruce's fearless use of Subaru's "Confidence in Motion"
-Chris

sihinch

Thanks so much Graham and everyone who helped.

Frank v B

Graham,

You look like the consummate road contractor.  Watch Simon Chapman hire you to build highways*.

Thanks for doing all the work guys.

Frank

* = "runways for cars"
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

For those who helped on Day One of the great gravel shuffle, in my view, that while those that helped did so much yesterday, today it looked like we had only used a teaspoon to move a few grains of gravel.

I also can't believe from the tire tracks that some people didn't hesitate to drive over the crown of the gravel that we had left untouched.   :o

Day Two of the gravel shuffle was most impressive.  Those present with shovels and rakes used them on occasion.   I even found it comfortable to lean on mine more often than using them.

Thank you Paul, for your doing all the finishing touches (99.1%) required to have the stones lay where they should be. Boy can you handle a machine.

I thank you. We thank you,  our backs thank you and our hearts thank you.  You are a savior. It was monumental.

Michael

Michael

gmcnic

Thank you Bruce for making the connection with Paul.
And thank you Paul for spending 4 hours of your time working the gravel mess created yesterday.

Paul showed his skill with the Bobcat spreading the gravel from the top of the lane way throughout the entire parking area.
So the next time you travel into TEMAC, admire the drive and be sure to thank Paul when you see him.

Thank you, Paul!!!

Gratefully,
Graham

SeeFernando

-Chris

BJROB

Thank you All for doing the the heavy work and making our driveway
Smother and cleaner to drive in and park.....
It is much appreciated the efforts done here for us
Cheers
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!