Float flying - July 14

Started by Michael, June 08, 2019, 04:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

The Beeton RC Flyers have given us an exclusive invitation to a float fly. Sunday July 14. Gates open at 8:30 am.

The pond is located about 300m south of the old site on the 4th line off hwy 89!  If you google "Alliston Humane Society", we are about 500m north of that location on the west side of the 4th!

They will have a BBQ available for us to cook them lunch (that's the deal). We will have an idea s to how many people are coming about a week before, and we will coordinate things.

I will not be there, as I will be working that day. A few volunteers are needed to bring and prepare food.
Michael

Frank v B

I will be there...... probably with an RC boat. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

I am putting the event on my calendar.  I will bring a plane or two.  If it (they) don't fly, I too will call it (them) a boat(s).

I will help organize the lunch, once we know who is coming.   

Who do we touch base with to find out how many Beeton Fliers we should expect to feed? 

Frank v B

Bruce,

Thanks. 

One week before the event I will contact Rudie Nagelmakers (Beeton) and get the number of participants we should plan for.

Hopefully "Scorch" (Gerald) can come out and help us with the BBQ.

Frank

craigc

Got it on the calendar - will confirm at least the week before - can help with food

piker

Awesome!   I'll be there and I'll help too    ;D

piker

Hey Richard,

The big Timber will be MUCH easier to fly from water than the tiny UMX Cub. 

You'll do just fine  ;)

Robert

octagon

Perhaps I will burn what's left of the CL and sprinkle the ashes on the pond!
What could possibly go wrong?

sihinch

Frank v B

Roll Call

We need a head count for the number of TEMAC members attending this Floatfly.  Please register by posting on this topic.
Temac is supplying the lunch. You would not want to go hungry. ;)  I promised Rudie/Michael a head-count one week before the event.

I will be attending!!

Who's next?  Piker, are you in?

Frank

craigc

I plan to go on the 14th - can help with food.   :)

bweaver

Quote from: bweaver on June 08, 2019, 08:30:56 PM
I am putting the event on my calendar.  I will bring a plane or two.  If it (they) don't fly, I too will call it (them) a boat(s).

I will help organize the lunch, once we know who is coming.   

Who do we touch base with to find out how many Beeton Fliers we should expect to feed?

We from TEMAC can coordinate things once we know the numbers of attendees. Day je vous?

Frank v B

Bruce,

Now please answer the question.... are you coming? ;)  Putting it on your calendar does not guarantee you will be there.  Katie has had 3.5 weeks to screw up your plans. ;D
I'll shut up now. 8)

Frank

bweaver

Dear @Frank v B

Once again your query proves you fail to read the content of my posts, manuals and other such things. 

So lets try it again.  To help you, I have extracted the most relevant part from my post and made it clearer for your reading purposes.

"I will bring a plane or two." (further note that each word only contains one syllable)

Most people would understand that means, I will be there

Frank v B

Attendance list up to post time.  I will update as posts come in.

(up to July 8)
Richard
Craig
Frank v B
Gerald (confirmed)
Rob Pike
Mr. "I'll bring a plane or two"  (Mr. Monosyllable ;D)
Carlos
Jim Spence
Ken Rawlins
Peter

Frank