Canada Day and Cub Fun Fly

Started by bweaver, June 22, 2019, 05:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

More photos:

15- Glenn and a surprise visit from Simon Chapman.  Great to see him at the field today.  He is a great flyer but modesty gets in the way.
16- Greg and Simon Chapman
17- The photo is blurry.  You do not have sun overexposure.  Ken Coleman visited.
18- David and his son
21- Other visitors.  Sophia Cadez brought her father and mother.
22- Another achievement- catching Chris smiling.
23- Father Floppy Hat ran a great event.  Notice the smile.
34- Chris assembling his Cub...without carbon spar.
36- I bet you Michael was smiling.  Note his plane to his left (almost superimposed on the road)- a PBY.  Perfect for a funfly!
37- this guy won the event.  Athol's Cubster.
39- Simon grinning before the event.
40- Part of the judging crew.
41- Bruce with the score sheet.
42- Simon and more rabbit food.
44- there is someone at the end of that lens.  Note Michael's planes in the background.  6 motors, 3 planes.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

I always have a lot of fun at the Cub Fun Fly.  You guys are the best at being good sports.

Officially here is the standings:

@Athol First Place - Well done Athol.  Some of the pilots participating were proud to finish with the same number of points they started with, but you outdid everyone by having a totally clean run and gaining 20 bonus points for flying the limbo inverted. I sincerely hope you luck holds out well beyond Wednesday nights big draw when you might win something of actual value.  I also must apologize Athol. I decided that it would be best to keep any new sharp props away from you at this time. That's why there was no prop in the bag.   (The truth is, my budget for the event was slashed and I used in one of my Warwings without success I might add.)

@electroflyer (Glenn)  Second Place - A perfect run as well, however you didn't add any points.  Yes you finished with the same number of points you started with.  It's not bad being perfect but it helps, right?  50 meter dash time was 9.56 seconds.

@Frank v B Third Place -  You flew fine.  A perfect run as well (I hate to say), but your 50 meter dash was slower than Glenn' time by 2.12 seconds.

In the photo below Ken consoles Carlos ( @Palkina ).  Carlos won the honors this year for achieving the greatest number of deductions in the challenges.  See photo - he can't believe it.

The Warwing most impressive foam shredding loss went to @VadimKirillov.  Due to his loss, he won the airplane kit provided by the Home Depot via Frank vB.  Better luck next time Vadim. 

Finally yours truly (me) came in dead-last by being the only DNF in the field.

Thanks to Greg Hazelton for the photos below and thanks to everyone that came out and had fun with me in the sand box with me.

Bruce 

MikePhoeniX

Hello all,

I was the random guy that showed up with my camera.

I usually upload my images to my Flickr page.

Here is the https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike_pho3nix/albums/72157709372648677  please feel free to share them. 

bweaver

@MikePhoeniX Thanks for sharing the photos.  They are beautiful.

Bruce

Oscar

Thank you TEMAC.  What a great event. 

@MikePhoeniX - Mike, those photos are great shot.  BTW, our next club event will be the Warbird fun fly.  It will be on Sun, July 21st at 1pm.   :D

MikePhoeniX

Athol

Thanks Bruce for a great fun fly (as always)

And thanks @MikePhoeniX for the pics - they're excellent!

Cheers

Athol

davidk

Here's the group.
And an American that flew beautifully.

SeeFernando

What a Great event!  No Glue needed after my one flight, who knew you needed a carbon spar... :P

Great Photos @MikePhoeniX!   :D
-Chris

Frank v B

So Bruce awarded me third place.  Heck, last year he told me I won and then made me give up the prize and gave me second place.
This year's prize was 5 minute epoxy (Love It!!!!!) and a lottery ticket.  Not a single number matched.

Bruce, can you pick a set of numbers for next week's lottery and I will buy a ticket with picks from the remaining numbers.  8) 8)   My chances should increase dramatically.

Frank

bweaver

Considering the responses of the first and second place winners, maybe they did better than you and are afraid to tell us the outcome.

Frank,

If you are as lucky as I am at periodically playing the lottery, there is nothing that will increase your odds, especially if you think you can rely on my choices to help you one way or the other.

Bruce

Frank v B

Bruce,

re: re: Athol's lottery ticket- "maybe they did better than you and are afraid to tell us the outcome."

When Athol shows up with a Lamborghini and a custom trailer filled with 20 new airplanes it should be considered a good clue. 8)

Frank

bweaver

Quote from: Frank v B on July 09, 2019, 05:24:13 PM
Bruce,

re: re: Athol's lottery ticket- "maybe they did better than you and are afraid to tell us the outcome."

When Athol shows up with a Lamborghini and a custom trailer filled with 20 new airplanes it should be considered a good clue. 8)

Frank

I attended the field today. (I was not flying Simon.)  I saw Athol, said hello. He was just the same Athol.  No Lamborghini, no custom trailer, no new airplane. 

If he did win, I couldn't tell due to his excitement or lack there of.  As I said it was the same Athol. :-\

Frank v B

Bruce,

re: " it was the same Athol. :-\"

You mean he is just as unlucky as the rest of us.  Oh well, you tried.

Frank