Flying Sunday July 7, 2019

Started by Michael, July 05, 2019, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Currently, the weather forecast for Sunday afternoon is not too hot and not too cool (slightly warm, low to mid 20s), light wind, and sunny.

I expect I'll be having a good time at TEMAC!  ;D
Michael

sihinch

Frank v B

I will be there from 10:00-12:30 if anyone wants help to maiden an airplane, re-trim one or just to get rid of some insults. 8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

msatin

I'll be there at 10:00.
Looking forward to seeing everyone
You never fail until you stop trying

davidk

Charging batteries... and I've got a riddle.

Also, following Bruce's suggestion, I've added a tail wheel to rudder of the FliteTest Storch.  My first mod.  If it lasts through the first landing I'll be really surprised (my building skills being what they are)... but I'll bet she taxis now.  Maybe I'll just taxi around until I get yelled at to get off the runway.

Frank v B

Photos from today.  What a gorgeous outing.  Weather by Bruce.  Bruce, could you please aim the wind down the runway instead of across?  Small detail but us working stiffs deserve perfect conditions. ;)

45- Doc John and Graham deep in conversation.
46- Dave synthesizing all the info input from three different sources.
48- Mark doing a nose job on an Apprentice.
49- Victoria's grandmother.  Victoria brought her father as well (Vadim)
50- Victoria- photo taken from under the table because she was camera-shy.... or knew how bad my photos were.
52- Victoria managing a smile.
54- Vadim re-re-re-maidening his V-900.  He could not find a suitable helper so he asked for my help.
55- Gray and Dave at work.
56- Our brain trust- Ken and Lawrence
57- Vadim after I told him he was not allowed to hit BJ's pole.  He did with his Mustang. Sorry BJ. ;D
58- Vadim and Mark discussing engineering solutions.
59- Mark and Vadim after the Apprentice nose job.
60- At least Karl wears what we are always thinking.
62- Michael talking to the powers that be.  Probably expressing his thanks for the beautiful weather.
"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

A beautiful day.  9 batteries across 2 planes... 1 crash (field repairable), lots of "good" landings (wheels down, wings up), and a smattering of touch and go's.  Even the Storch did well... tail wheel still intact.  Good to see so many out enjoying the day.

Michael

It was a beautiful day.

Lots of lying and lots of airplanes.
Michael

davidk

Michael had this gorgeous Cub out yesterday.  This isn't his... it's the real one... but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference (unless you tried to sit in it).  What's the wingspan on yours Michael?

Michael

The wingspan is 84½".

Construction thread:
http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,5146.0.html

Michael