League of Silent Flight

Started by mawz, July 19, 2019, 08:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mawz

I've taken over as the Country Co-ordinator for Canada for the League of Silent Flight.

Founded in 1971, the LSF's goal is to promote organized RC soaring around the world through the Soaring Achievement Program. This 5 level program covers a broad range of Soaring activities including thermal, slope and cross-country soaring, precision landings and soaring contest participation. More details about the SAP and its electric-launch sister program, the eSAP can be found at http://www.silentflight.org

For TEMAC members, the eSAP provides a selection of task-oriented goals to acheive each level. A level 1 requires 2 thermal flights over 5 minutes from a launch of no more than 200m and 30s duration, as well as 5 precision landings within 3m of a designated point.

note for long-time members, you might know Stan Shaw. Stan remains one of only 6 Canadians to achieve Level 5 in the SAP. Stan was a founder of the EMFSO as well as a longtime member of SOGGI and one of the pioneers of electric RC in Canada. I'm sure he would have achieved a Level V in the eSAP if it had existed while he was an active pilot.

if you have an interest in pursuing the eSAP (or the SAP for line launch & hand launch pilots), please let me know and I will give you the forms and an Aspirant ID, once completed they can be turned in to me to pass on to the LSF Secretary.

As for myself, I've recently achieved Level II in the SAP, and am working in Level II on the eSAP.

bweaver

Way to go Adam.  All the best with new challenges ahead of you.