TEMAC Warbirds Day July 21, 2019

Started by Michael, July 18, 2019, 08:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

TEMAC 2019 Warbirds Day
Sunday, July 21, 2019

Our "Warbirds" day funfly takes place this Sunday, July 21, 2019, from 1pm to 3pm. Enjoy flying your military/army/navy/air force type model airplanes at an informal but fun get-together with all your TEMAC friends. While we have no specific plans; in the past we have seen formation flying, warwings competitions, and more. Of course, we're planning a barbecue with cold drinks ($5 charge to help cover costs). The flying is free to all members with flying privileges ('wings').

Unfortunately, the weather forecast looks rainy right now, but forecasts are often wrong. Make sure to check the TEMAC website, in case we have to cancel the event.
Michael

Michael

Currently, the forecast for Sunday afternoon is sun and clouds, 16km nw wind, gusting to 27km.

There's a risk of a thunderstorm in the morning, but no rain forecast for the afternoon.

Also, not as hot as Friday and Saturday.

As of now, the funfly is still on!
Michael

bweaver

Got my batteries charging... looking great weather-wise!   ;D

bweaver

@Richard_RC_Guy - It's just a grin. 

How you read it is up to you?

davidk

What an excellent Warbirds Day.  The gusts were testing the skills of the Warbird pilots and everything flew beautifully.  Lunch was delish. 

Michael

Yup! It was fun. The day started slowly, but the parking lot was full by 1pm.

The barbecue was great, and lots of 'warbirds' were flown, from WW1 biplanes to modern jets. We did have a warwing-combat friendly competition, and that was fun too.

Despite some strong winds, pilots were cheered for good flights and good landings.

There were several friend-and-member spectators as well. Thanks to everyone who helped set up, and who helped clean up. The event went smoothly without any problems.

Michael

sihinch

Fab day spent with good friends!

Thanks to all who made it possible!

Frank v B

Looked like a great day.  Sorry I missed it.  Great to see the Great Hoffer back at the field taking Scorch Danen's job of carbonating (carbon dating?) hot dogs.

re: Michael's "Despite some strong winds"

Sorry for the winds.  I was being selfish.  Did 4 sailboat races on Lake Ontario at J105Fest (34 foot long boats, 6 crew).  Racing sailboats without winds sucks.  We had 12-15 knot winds.  I will not be racing again this year so the winds will be toned down for the rest of the flying season.  I promise.

Frank

ps: sailed with the same Orthopaedic surgeon who was slated to do Jack Higgins' knees in October.  Unfortunately they discovered the aneurysm in the work-up and died a month before the slated knee operation.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

We missed you Frank, but we're glad you had some great sailing!
Michael

Frank v B

Richard,  Deep.... very deep!

The Temac Poet Laureate would have written something like:

I went to the lake to sail a race
Instead of flying at the preferred Rogo Place
At least it wasn't windstill with fog
I should have stayed for a Hoffer Dog. ;)

Another talent I do not possess.  Mr. Hoffer can surely come up with something superior.  I feel BJ rumblings.   ;D

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"