Flight Instruction Wednesday August 14th IS A GO

Started by bweaver, August 12, 2019, 11:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

The forecast is looking promising, but no promises yet.

Good thoughts. Good thoughts.   Gooooooood  thhhooouughts.

msatin

Weather permitting I will absolutely be there! :)
You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

Even weather not permitting... I will be there!!

Need to get my tool box from Mr. Weaver and need to escape the idiocy of the city. :D

Frank

ps: try to pick out my car now.  No longer 2X3's with a car under them.  Bought proper roof racks.  Now Gray can't see me from across the road.  Stealth!
"Never trade luck for skill"

WilliamA

I will be there as the weather will be good, but unfortunately Joseph will not, as he has his summer holidays activities.

bweaver

So I'm not the only one who watches the weather.

It's a goooooooooooooo!

zhurui45

BJROB

That's a great time to arrive and get set up to flysee you there
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Georgetsigaridis

Will be there. Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.

Frank v B

What a great evening.  It got a little cool at the end but.... no snow!

Here is the photo report.

99- careful when you do a deal with Bruce.  I promised to give him 20 tidbits to get back my box of tools-  I gave him a full box.  he gave me an empty one!
01- the exchange of gifts.  Indian giver!
04- Bruce and Graham finally giving me the contents.
05- The contents were all there.  He got it neatly organized and gave it back scrambled.
06- Athol in deep thought.  Probably doing mental gymnastics about organizing tomorrow's lunch for the Morning Crew.
07- George managed a smile... probably before the tree grabbed his plane.
08- At least Mark knows how to smile.
09- Even Dave can smile
10- Graham can smile.
11- Hey Graham and Gerald- It's a runway, not a walkway!
13- How many people does it take to make a Sensei flyable.
14- or does it take this many people to correct Bruce's mistake?
17- some serious discussion between 3 people who do not have a serious bone in their bodies.
18- A lot of Timbits were consumed.... or a lot of bribing went on tonight.

Frank

Frank v B

More Rogo activities tonight:

20- Gerald flew off the trainer cord.
22- Simon and his "trainer".  It spent most of the time flying upside down
23- Simon's feedbag is empty.  Rabbit food is not vey filling.
24- Mark still smiling even though he found out tonight that Terra is very Firma.
25- More TX programming.
27- Peter's impressive model.  A great flyer.  The plane is too.
28- Bruce is still littering.  The only reason his Warwing has a streamer is so that he can find his model after a crash in the forest.
29- Bruce- why not go to a full and even 90 degree elevator deflection.
30- Clublink is still looking for their equipment.
31- Bruce walking over his lost battery.  He tried a cordless plane.  It did not work.  I couda told you!  I tried it in the past.

Frank

bweaver

As the photos illustrated, it was a great evening for both students and the TEMAC flight instruction team.  The flight stations were packed all evening right up to dusk.  All the students are progressing. 

The ground crew is expanding in more ways than one.  Welcome Carlos! (See the other post)

Re: Gerald flew off the trainer cord. He finally thought Frank could fly alone.
Re: Simon's feedbag is empty.  Rabbit food is not vey filling. But it really shows that it works.  Healthiest I have seen the man...
Re: Mark still smiling even though he found out tonight that Terra is very Firma.  So close, yet at times seems so far away.
Re: Bruce is still littering.  The only reason his Warwing has a streamer is so that he can find his model after a crash in the forest. Definitely not littering.  It reflects history, it's like bread crumbs in the beans or trees.  Glenn took me down in the beans by taking off my vertical stabilizer.  From my experience and for others to learn by - Warwings do not fly well without a vertical stabilizer. They get attracted to trees... which leads me to
Re: George managed a smile... probably before the tree grabbed his plane. I swear there must be a plane magnet up there.
Re: How many people does it take to make a Sensei flyable. or does it take this many people to correct Bruce's mistake? Regardless of how many it takes or reasons for the gathering - IT WORKS (Nice Sensei and flys really well, once a pound or two of electronics were removed.)
Re: A lot of Timbits were consumed.... or a lot of bribing went on tonight. YUM!

Frank v B

Those who were there at the field yesterday saw George Tsigaridis plant his plane in the top of the tree.  The first storm from the west will probably blow it down.

Until then, George will benefit from Malcolm Cullen's generosity.  George can use Malcolm's donated Apprentice until he either gets his plane back or soloes and gets a new plane (non-Apprentice).  I will then take it back- no matter what condition it is in and await the next opportunity to lend it out.

George and I are meeting at the field this weekend... probably on Sunday to do the prisoner exchange. ;D

Frank

Malcolm has not been able to fly with us this year because his business has him travelling a lot and now his wife has just broken her foot.  He will be back with a vengeance in the spring.  Malcolm's photo from the 2014 clean-up day.