3D/ Precision Aerobatic interest Club

Started by VadimKirillov, August 12, 2019, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeeFernando

I'm interested!  I've got real flight 8, so I think that where I'll start lol!

I've got a Yak54 from techone that isn't properly setup, but its definitely more of a 3d plane cause half the chord is aileron...
-Chris

VadimKirillov

Hi Stephan. Do you think that foamy from HK is big enough to do good maneuvers? Wouldn't it be too twitchy ? I thought it should be reasonably big to do smooth movements?

Crazyflyer

The bigger the plane, the more stable it will be ... the more expensive the crash will be too!!
It will be a compromise going smaller but it may allow you to push more without worrying so much.
The smaller ones also allow you to fly indoors, but the larger ones I think will make you feel awesome!!!
It is a hard decision!!

VadimKirillov

Quote from: SeeFernando on August 12, 2019, 05:18:29 PM
I'm interested!  I've got real flight 8, so I think that where I'll start lol!

I've got a Yak54 from techone that isn't properly setup, but its definitely more of a 3d plane cause half the chord is aileron...

Yah. I've had eflite inverza.  It was small and also ailerons half the wing. And it was twitchy and almost impossible to fly.  I've crashed it every time I was flying it.  Now I want to approach more strategically.  Tired of crashing every flight.

Crazyflyer

The bigger ones are very light relative to their size so they allow you to go much slower, the Inverza I think is more of a 3d sport.
And I think this was one of your first few planes, your skill has increased quite a bit since.

Crazyflyer

Also most 3D pilots have their expo at 50%, I doubt you had that on your Inverza, which may have helped when you have big control surfaces.

VadimKirillov

Quote from: Crazyflyer on August 12, 2019, 05:33:01 PM
Also most 3D pilots have their expo at 50%, I doubt you had that on your Inverza, which may have helped when you have big control surfaces.

You are right. I had it at 30 or 40 %. 
And every time a struggle.  Need more experience I think and people who will point to mistakes. At least then mistakes not only will cost you but would actually be worth a lesson.

Crazyflyer

I wonder if we could setup a few hours for a group lesson that we could all chip in with a pro to come to TEMAC. Maybe the TEMAC execs have some contacts from the time we had a pro do a show at one of our events??

octagon

Hey Vadim, you seemed to have started a thread with a lot of interest. Athol and I have been working on a Sportsman F3A routine. It is kind of an intermediate program with things like Cubans and Point rolls and Stall turns and stuff. The next time we are at the field together you can fly one of my aerobatic planes and see if you like it. One does need to practice, but there are a few basic tenants  that are important in any maneuver for it to be a success. Sort of like golf, if you are not swinging correctly and you keep doing it, the  flawed swing is very hard to correct.
What could possibly go wrong?

VadimKirillov

That's a serious approach. If you guys have routine can you please post it here. Last time I saw Athol had a very comprehensive description of every turn printed out. I had a bit of luck calling next turn for him. I hope that triggers lots of interest from everyone just like warwings. 

Palkina

I am interested. Will have a cheap foamy one to start with.

octagon

Here is the F2A intermediate sequence
What could possibly go wrong?

VadimKirillov

Thank you Rob,
That is what I've been looking for. Now we can work on the routine and master the skill.

Michael

Precision is slower and more graceful. Precision planes are considerably easier planes to fly than 3D planes.

I have a pattern plane and would be interested in participating with whatever we/you decide.

The TEMAC annual fun fly is in about 3 weeks. If nothing is organized by then, let's do some sport (fun) pattern flying at the fun fly.

Michael

Michael

3D planes can easily fly pattern style by reducing throws and moving the point of balance slightly forward.

True pattern planes cannot fly 3D.

Michael