3D/ Precision Aerobatic interest Club

Started by VadimKirillov, August 12, 2019, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VadimKirillov

Hi, Guys is anyone interested in starting a little 3D / Precision aerobatics club withing TEMAC?
Maybe, some guys who have more experience will help with comments instructions, and it would be great if we can help each other with maneuver calls etc.
Who is interested? let's schedule meeting times and dates, equipment, routines, articles here.

Edit:
Top reference:
http://f3acanada.org/canadian-precision-aerobatics-schedules/
http://www.mini-iac.org/Downloads

Oscar

Hi Vadim, I am interested.  Please count me in.  :)

VadimKirillov

Thanks Oscar Great beginning.
What would you suggest to someone who starts in aerobatics? what kind of airplane? smaller or larger, foam or balsa, 3S or 4S? pattern or 3D? 

octagon

Hi Vadim,
Are you talking 3D or precision aerobatics?
What could possibly go wrong?

Oscar

I am a beginner on this.  I know 3D and F3A / Precision Aerobatic is totally different flight characterises.  A F3A plane does not have large control surface and the air frame is a lot slimmer.  They are not good for 3D. 

For beginner, foam will be better choice whether it's 3D or F3A.

For 3D plane, there are lots of options. 

From HH
Commander mPd, VisionAire, Night VisionAire, Slickm Sukhoi, Pitts...

From FMS
MXS, SBach, Votec, Extra 330, Edge 540...

For F3A
FMS Explorer, FMS Olympus, Dynam Smart Aerobatic...

VadimKirillov

Here is the thing, I'm not sure what i want more, that is why i started the topic. it seemed close enough for me to put them together. I do ultimately want to have skills for 3D aerobatics, it looks cool. But Precision aerobatics has a competitive component, and it seems like it's a way to learn maneuvers and keep discipline in actions. I think if i start #d i will crash airplane before i learn to fly.

To: Rob. one of the reasons i'm starting this is I'm looking at your Brio to start. Let me know Guys if that is a good plane to start.

msatin

It is WAY too early for me to even consider flying 3D or PA.
Having said that, I do have an interest in learning more about this.
Please include me in the discussion
Thanks
You never fail until you stop trying

octagon

The brio is good and light and will be a good plane. If you are interested in an ARF you will not find a nicer precision plane than the Ultra Sport. It is one of my favorite planes of all time. FMS makes a plane called the Olympus that is a fantastic plane. Simon (the other Simon) is very good at precision aerobatics and he says it is his best plane and he has some very nice planes. I have taken two , one week courses in aerobatics from First US Flight School up in Wisconsin. Dave Scott is an excellent teacher. Check his website. He has books that he has written for sale. I have them all. As for 3 D, just not my thing. 55% expo just to fly, uhuh not me.

sihinch

I'd be interested in Precision aerobatics.

VadimKirillov

Thanks Rob,
I found this website for Dave Scott
https://www.rcflightschool.com/

Is this the one you were talking about?

octagon

Yes that is him. Real good guy. Flys a full size Pitts in airshows around. He is talking about moving to North Carolina. His books are great. I also should mention another ARF that is perhaps one of the best aerobatic trainers around, and that is the Ugly Stick. Been around for decades and is just and unbelievable flyer. I am working on a 60 size Ultra Stick right now. 

VadimKirillov

Here is my big question. 
If I get 3D airplane it should be able to do precision Aerobatics.  Is it any harder with 3D airplane like Katana?  And otherwise, can precision Aerobatics airplane like ultra sport can do 3D tricks are they any harder ?

Crazyflyer

From what I have been told, it is easier to do 3D with a good 3D plane vs a sport/3D, but it might be worth starting with a foam Hobbyking https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tm-mx2-3d-epp-955mm-arf.html to avoid destroying a beautiful plane when trying rolling harriers!!!
A lot of people get really good at 3D with the simulators to start. I have just been to lazy to install it on my computer

Crazyflyer