Flying this Sunday August 18 10-1

Started by Frank v B, August 16, 2019, 07:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Anyone looking for help maidening an airplane or help with some instruction can bother me this Sunday.  ;D   Am aiming to be at the field 10 am- 1 pm.
Will bring George's plane.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

I'll get the cowling taped/glued on the FliteTest Spit I've just finished.  I've read and re-read your "How I maiden airplanes"... so... Sunday you can take the controls... thanks Frank.

What do you think I should set the throws to?  No landing gear.

Significant Ailerons
Conservative Elevator
Lots of Rudder

Frank v B

David,

To answer your question on how much throw.  Answer.....  "Just enough". ;)
I have to see it.  A Spit is pitch-sensitive.

Frank

davidk

Sitting here chuckling.  I had a feeling that would be the answer.

Pitch-sensitive... you mean you launch it... it spins... and dives into the ground.  That's about right... isn't it?  :o
Still... I had to put it together.

We'll put in "just enough" throw on Sunday.  Maybe the ground will be less firma and more terra.

msatin

I'll be there.
Looking forward to seeing the new "addition" Dave
You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

David,

Hopefully I am "just good enough".   8)

Frank

ps: just don't ask Bruce how much elevator throw.  Look at his definition of "Low Rates".  Of course the plane was so scared of Bruce it ejected the battery. :)

bweaver

Once again, @Frank v B shouldn't be left alone, and besides who is going pick up his forgotten belongings after him? 

For that reason I will assist Frank and those students who can make it outside of our usual Wednesday evening training sessions.  (NOTE TO STUDENTS  - We're past mid-August, so we need to keep the momentum of the students progress progressing.)

I will be there between 10 - 1 p.m. tomorrow, weather permitting, otherwise huddling with Frank somewhere for a coffeeee.

SeeFernando

@Frank could you review my planting skills and provide your expert opinion on the state of my jets wing and spar tomorrow? I can bribe you with Timbits?
-Chris

davidk

I believe the going rate for an expert opinion is timbits.  However, a review of "planting skills" is an additional coffee.

Here's my planting advice... throttle up, elevator up, quick realization that all that was wrong, throttle down, plant. ;)

Frank v B

David- re: your ......throttle down, plant. ;) add: .....irrigate regularly, wait, harvest.  ;D
A model airplane's cycle of life.

Bruce: re Your
"I will be there between 10 - 1 p.m. tomorrow, weather permitting, otherwise huddling with Frank somewhere for a coffeeee."

You are going to protect the students from my (dis)abilities. 8)  I guess someone has to do it so it may as well be you. ;)

If rain-----Tim's Woodbine

Frank

msatin

Rain or shine I will be there - I can use all the help I can get  ;D
You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

Rain, Rain go away.

I am leaving the house to chase the rain away.

Frank

Frank v B

Photo report:  Executive summary- a terrific day at TEMAC.

39- Vadim making final adjustments... or.... "If you don't behave I will rip your guts out."   ps: notice the new roof racks on my car in the background.
41- pre-maiden photo of my Cularis from the EdEdge collection.  Launched by Bruce.  Two great flights.
44- pre-maiden photo of David's SpitBoard, the flying shipping container (FliteTest).  Flew great.
45- Vadim allowing Mark to have some of his own Timbits.
48- Aw shucks.  Victoria took her father Vadim to the field..... a reward for his good behaviour.
51- either a deep discussion of model issues or Bruce talking about his toothache.
53- Who says Tim's does not deliver.  Chris completed a mercy mission.  Low blood/caffeine levels are dangerous.
54- Either Temac's Three Wise Men or Temac's Three Blind Mice.
55- Chris trying his hand at 3D.... literally.
59- Chris and his first hover...........
57- ...with Mark's help.  Mark put his back into the work!
64- Sophia and Victoria.

Frank

davidk

Frank did very well trading in those 80 Timbits...

bweaver

Bruce's school of aerobatics.  Guaranteed to save your plane, your reputation and what ever else you want to add to the list... :-X   Admit it, it works and by the way, I have never seen Frank do as good a tail touch as yours Chris! Next time remember the flight line...