Flight Instruction Wednesday August 21 is a GO!

Started by bweaver, August 19, 2019, 07:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

As you can see below, the afternoon and evening precipitation forecast is improving, but the West cross wind is something to plan for and experience. 

A great night for improving your crosswind takeoffs, approaches and landing skills.

Keep an eye for further details.   

Frank v B

No snow in the forecast so I will be there!! ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Let's make it a GO.  60% chance of not having a thunderstorm.  If it does happen, it happens.  If it doesn't, we get some more flight training time in. 

See you tomorrow.

WilliamA

??? ??? ???  HHmmmmm   Rain Rain please go away,  Joseph and I , Would like to play  ............... :'( ??? :'(

davidk

The Marine Beaufort Scale lists winds between 13 and 16 km/h (approx... I converted) as a "Gentle Breeze".

From the east it's a gentle breeze.
From the west it's "A great night for improving your crosswind takeoffs, approaches and landing skills." :D

I'll be there... trying to improve.

bweaver

Just so you know -  Students and flight team, please refer to the ALERT below and only do what you are comfortable with.

I know Frank and I will be there, but if there is lightning in the area, I won't be instructing.  If it is raining a lot I will let Frank instruct, while I watch from the car.

Hopefully the forecast will improve.

bweaver

GREAT IMPROVEMENT - REFER TO LATEST FORECAST   :) :) :) :)

Michael

A terrific evening at the club. I'll let Bruce tell you all about tonight's milestones.

I was very pleased to see a few accomplished pilots learning, practicing and seeking help advancing their aerobatic skills, flights with tail draggers, and slightly more advanced models.
Michael

bweaver

Yes it was a great evening.  The flight stations were busy all evening. 

Lots of active students, instructors and ground crew.  A great bunch.  Lots of fun had by all as well. 

Kenny obtained solo privileges.

Mark got his wings and couldn't stop smiling and I hear that the local Fire Dept. is looking to recruiting George and his son for doing all their future ladder drill training, aircraft retrievals and cat rescues (a real trooper George and what a helpful son).

Joseph once again is doing fantastic with his soloing but we need some cross wind training. Once again the forecast predictions didn't come through.  Now we have someone looking for bad weather (imagine that)

I think (ouch) Frank has pictures to follow.

Thanks guys, you all made my day/evening.

Frank v B

A fun evening.  Good weather, darkness is coming earlier and earlier (we lose about 2 minutes a day!)

Photo report:

75- Bruce- how do your retracts work?....or is he mimicking a bird with broken wings??  With Bruce, you never know.
76- re: Simon's dinner.  Bruce, is this the stuff that goes into a pig...or comes out the other end?
77- well, Simon is laughing so the food can't be bad....... or he is really desperate.
79- Mark and Gerald "Scorch"* Danen.
80- Mr Floppy Hat now lives at the field.  Within the next year his wife will probably fill in a "Missing Person" report.
81- Rob, just sit down and talk to us!!  I am bolting seat belts onto his chair!
86- Mark got his wings and it will take weeks to wipe that grin off his face.  Hell, keep smiling.  Great work and determination.
90- Chris tries his new weapon ... an electric screwdriver... to defend his new plane.
91- Chris proving it is impossible to photograph him without a huge grin.  He found the "Just enough" setting on the throws and let me maiden his new plane.
94- Carlos visited but I did not see him fly and therefore he did not crash.  Dr. John said Monday "I found that if I do not fly I crash less".  Brilliant!
95- Michael and his identical twin brother Chris.  The smile is genetic. ;)
96- new member Adam is slowly switching to electrics.  He comes to us from the Burlington Club.  He now works near TEMAC

Congrats to Kenny and Mark for achieving their next levels of expertise.

Frank

* his name is Scorch because he always volunteers to cook the hot dogs at TEMAC events.  He serves them perfectly cooked... first, second or third degree burns! ;) ;D

davidk

Not only did the west cross-wind not materialize, but the wind eventually died altogether... perfect for a FliteTest Cubboard flight.

Such a good night at the field... anyone not at the field would not have believed it... Simon... not flying... but rather fixing.  I hope Frank got a picture.

Frank v B

David,

re:"Simon... not flying... but rather fixing.  I hope Frank got a picture."

Who is this Simon guy everyone keeps talking about? ;)

Frank

davidk

It's that new guy... svelte Simon... with the delish dinners.