TEMAC FUNFLY- Sunday, Sept 1 this year!

Started by Frank v B, August 25, 2019, 07:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

The Schedule shows the TEMAC FUNFLY for next Sunday. Sept 1 at 13:00. 

You gotta be there!!!

This is our annual event when all the great flying projects come out of basements and are displayed and flown like no other day on our event calendar. 
This is the event where out-of-town guests show up.  Maybe Andre W. (the Giant), Paul Hepworth, the 3D guy, and some long lost members who have had busy summers at other interests (cottages, fishing, trips, boating, etc.).

The schedule shows the event starts at 1 pm but by then half the flying day is over.

Needed: 8:30 am- the set-up crew to set up tents, cooking arrangements, tape the runway, arrange chairs, unload insults, etc. 
I will be there at 8 am to set up my planes and then switch to field set-up at 8:30 am.

Come and join the fun.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

I can bring the SpitBoard... and I get to see what the field looks like at 8am?  I'm in.

Frank v B

Gerald "Scorch" Danen just called to confirm he will be there for the 8:30 am Timbit toast.

The faster we get things set up the more we can fly before the festivities start.

Now which 8 airplanes should I bring???  :)

Frank

msatin

I am looking forward to this event and will be there bright and early to help set up.
If there is anything I can bring - just let me know
You never fail until you stop trying

SeeFernando

I'll be there!  I'll even bring the spar for my cub this time!
-Chris

bweaver

Quote from: Frank v B on August 26, 2019, 10:15:18 AM
Gerald "Scorch" Danen just called to confirm he will be there for the 8:30 am Timbit toast.

The faster we get things set up the more we can fly before the festivities start.

Now which 8 airplanes should I bring???  :)

Frank

Frank, obviously it will be the 8 you can get to fit in.   ::)

Michael

Our 16th annual funfly is this Sunday!

This is a relaxed, non-competitive day of flying for all our members.

A&J Hobbies and Pinnacle Hobby are both supporting us with gifts!

Expect a BBQ of delicious hotdogs, chips and ice cold drinks, probably a raffle, and possibly an auction.

Help in getting ready, and cleaning up, would be greatly appreciated.
Michael

Frank v B

How about some challenges:

Bring your.....
- V-900 for the 5 or 6 of us who have them.  They are ballistic at idle.  Of course EdEdge would call my definition of "ballistic"..... "idle".
- a parade of biplanes.  Chris and his new Pitts, Oscar and his old Pitts,  my Skywriter, Bruce's flying margarine tub as a cowl, the quarter scale ones from Michael, Rob D., Rob P., Glenn, etc.
- Power gliders.  The Cularis, DG 1000, etc. gliders.
- Warwings.  I have no idea what they do. ;)
- Parade of WW2 fighters- Spits, Hurricanes, FW's, etc.

Bring your best stuff and bring many!

Frank

SeeFernando

Is my warwing finally going to be completed??? Let's find out on Sunday!
-Chris

Frank v B

Chris,

re: your "Is my warwing finally going to be completed??? "

Lemme see. It took you 4 hours to assemble your Pitts and have it flying.  A Warwing only has one wing so it should take you 2 hours. 
Bring it!  ;D

Frank

Frank v B

Oh!,  Oh!

Just got word that my Spitfire has arrived at the store. 
Will try to pull a Chris and have it ready for Sunday.

Life is great.... despite my flying (dis)ability.

Frank

Michael

We will be auctioning off 2 model airplanes at the funfly, each a ducted fan jet.

FMS F35 (donated by A&J Hobbies)

FMS F15 (donated by Pinnacle Hobby)

Bidding will start at $10 each. Live bidding at the funfly only; no bids accepted online.
Michael

Frank v B

Just picked up a donation from John's Hobbies*. 
Proceeds to TEMAC if Michael decides to put it in the auction.

The box contains all parts to fly this trainer:
40" span, 2.4 gig transmitter, 6Ch receiver, 2 props, brushless out-runner motor, 3cell lipo 1800mah with Dean's connector, charger, transmitter batteries included (AA size Alkaline)

Notice the careful placing of the photo flash reflection on the windshield.... just enough to tick off Andy Hoffer.  ;) The transmitter photo is out of focus for the same reason. 8)  Do you know how tough it is to take an out-of-focus picture with an auto-focus camera?  Pure (lack of) talent.

Frank

* the store is at 2188 Danforth Avenue, just east of Woodbine.

bweaver

Thank you to our local hobby shop sponsors and just for being their with your product, knowledge and offer of assistance when we just need some help or guidance. 

If weren't for a local hobby shop many many many years ago, I never would have gotten into aircraft modeling and flying. 

Thank you A&Js, Pinnacle and John's Hobbies.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on August 31, 2019, 03:25:41 PM
Just picked up a donation from John's Hobbies*. 
Proceeds to TEMAC if Michael decides to put it in the auction.

The box contains all parts to fly this trainer:
40" span, 2.4 gig transmitter, 6Ch receiver, 2 props, brushless out-runner motor, 3cell lipo 1800mah with Dean's connector, charger, transmitter batteries included (AA size Alkaline)

Notice the careful placing of the photo flash reflection on the windshield.... just enough to tick off Andy Hoffer;) The transmitter photo is out of focus for the same reason. 8)  Do you know how tough it is to take an out-of-focus picture with an auto-focus camera?  Pure (lack of) talent.

Frank

* the store is at 2188 Danforth Avenue, just east of Woodbine.

I fully support Frank's continuing effort to artistically obscure his subjects!!!

Andy 8)