Flying Sunday afternoon, Sept 8.

Started by Michael, September 06, 2019, 05:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Currently, the forecast is for cool-warm temperatures (16C), sunny skys, and light north winds (11km).

Perfect flying weather.

Barring any obstacles, I plan on flying the whole afternoon!
Michael

Frank v B

For those who can only sneak out early, I should be there on Sunday from 10 to about 1 pm, just before Michael's afternoon crowd shows up.
If you need any help with instruction , maidening a new plane or you want me to just stay away from you... drop by Sunday morning.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

WilliamA

Frank, i will join you on Sunday morning, i need a bit of instruction, thank you.       WiliamA.

Georgetsigaridis

I will be there as well Frank. Thank you for the invitation.

Frank v B

Got there at 9 am when Graham the runway manicurist was orchestrating the grass cutting.  Pretty soon everyone started arriving.  Dave, Gerald, Yakob, Richard, William and Joseph, Gray, George & Kenny.  The afternoon shift came in early.  Michael, Glenn and Peter P. arrrived before noon.

The clouds were tough on vision.  Planes were tough to see but at least the wind was relatively down the runway from the north.

Here are the photos:
88- The Morning Crew works on weekends too.  A delegation was sent by Bruce.
89- now George joins the group.
90- caption: "This is hard work"... but it beats teaching.
91- Floppy Hat man David.
92- Gerald on his second last visit to the field before his trip to Europe.
93- Stately George surveying the flying.
94- Michael after a flight with his Northstar (Balsa USA)
95- Yakob getting ready for another flight.
96- Man with big plane ... Michael returns from another flight.  His parachute aim is getting better.... than Simon  ;)
97- "Three Men and a Plane"
99- Kenny flying on his own now.

Frank

davidk

Frank's School of Hand Launching:
1.  Gerald... probably face the other way.  Frank... looking at his transmitter... again... what's going on???
2.  Close... but minor adjustments needed.  That's it... lean waaaayyyy back...
3.  Which way???

Frank v B

More photos from today's flying session:

01- Gerald found out Terra is very Firma.  His plane went straight in from about 150'.  We suspect the elevator servo horn broke.
04- Gerald prepping to leave.  That's an aviator's body bag.
05- David and Ralph
06- Richard talking to himself "Oscar, what is this switch for.  How do I disable it?"
07- Why is this man smiling???  Let's see....Glenn is retired, can fly every day, had a two week trip to Europe earlier this year.  No idea why.
08- Peter flying his Trojan.

Frank

bweaver

RE:
01- Gerald found out Terra is very Firma.  His plane went straight in from about 150'.  We suspect the elevator servo horn broke.

That doesn't appear to be all that broke.  :P