Flight Instruction Wednesday Sept. 11th is a GO!

Started by bweaver, September 09, 2019, 05:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Weather looks great!

Flight training Wednesday evening is a GO... 

Second last evening - make the best out of it.

Frank v B

"Never trade luck for skill"

SeeFernando

Man I need a job that let's me fly more often... Anyone got any leads?

I'll sadly be in Ottawa all week... Again...
-Chris

bweaver

@SeeFernando Re: I'll sadly be in Ottawa all week... Again...

We'll miss you.   :'(

Frank v B

Chris,

re: "I'll sadly be in Ottawa all week... Again..."

How much does your boss hate you to send you to Ottawa?

I guess one week in Ottawa is better than two weeks in Ottawa. ;)

Frank

SeeFernando

... I hope it doesn't turn into three weeks in Ottawa... I haven't planted foam in a while! I won't have any crops for next year!
-Chris

WilliamA

Looks like a little rain around 7ish so i will most probably be there a little earlier. Got to make the most of the last 2 Wednesdays.
Chris , sorry you will be missing out.  :'( :'( :'(

bweaver

The forecast I'm looking at still looks great!

@WilliamA  and other students, Ddefinitely come early because we can't keep that sun from setting earlier in the west.

Georgetsigaridis

Will be at the field by 4 pm. See everyone there.

WilliamA

Yes Bruce, the weather has definitely cleared so it is going to be a fantastic evening. Joseph can come to fly so we will try to come as early as possible, we also have to leave early as he has school . Thanks,

Frank v B

Photo report:

24- ready to fly.  A line-up to take off.
26- Michael and his twin engine Apprentice.  Does that look like a grin of a an who snuck out of work early?
27- Jan and his new plane.
28- Dave and Richard discussing anti-gravity matters.
29- Jan prepping his plane for the first flight.
30- Proof that Vadim would break apart if he smiled.
31- Mark, in Australia this would be a perfect 3 point landing.
32- Simon disgusted at the calorie-free Timbits- Empty calories.
33- How to fix the nose of of his airplane.  Dave discusses options with the Club's crash experts BJ and Richard.
34- why the nose-job was needed on Dave's plane.  The motor came loose.
35- What happened to Mark's elevator just before it went supersonic.
36- Don getting ready.
37- George getting his wings.

Frank

Chris, hope you are doing well in Ottawa.  Today was boring at the field.  You did not miss much.....NOT!! ;D ;D

SeeFernando

:(

It was super fun... WestJet even cancelled by 5:45 flight yesterday so I got to spend 2 extra hours in the airport! yay!...

-Chris

davidk

Re: 33 & 34.

I landed... softly... applied grass brakes... and just nosed over a bit.  The wind corrected my attitude (which usually needs correcting) and I tried to taxi in off the grass.  I kept applying throttle and the Timber wouldn't move.  Full throttle and not a budge.  Examining the motor mount etc, indeed the motor was loose... but still no power.  The next day, thanks to Richard and Bruce, it was determined that the ESC was pooched.  It delivered a bit of power... but not much.  A new ESC, swiped from my Warwing, and full power was restored.  A full power test almost pulled the motor mount out of the plane due to damaged foam around the mount.  A bit of epoxy, and a bit of paint, and she looks brand new... from 50 ft. 

This may also explain why I was getting only 5 or 6 minutes of light flight... and batteries dipping below 3.6.  We'll see tomorrow.