• October 22, 2019, 02:26:01 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Author Topic: HELP ! My T/X went dead for a while .  (Read 160 times)

Offline WilliamA

• Airman
  • Started Flying RC: 2018
HELP ! My T/X went dead for a while .
« on: September 13, 2019, 10:33:44 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I have a Spektrum DX6 G2 T/X and while hooked up to one of the planes at home, the screen just went blank and there was no kind of response being transmitted. I know that the voltage on the screen before this happened was reading 7.1 V and it was supposed to give a warning of low voltage at 6.4
Not wanting to disconnect the battery on the plane , i tried moving the controls and switches on the T/X but still no response, the screen just remained blank. I then decided to connect the charging cord to the T/X and everything came back on the screen.
Is there something wrong with the T/X, or the voltage reading ?  I would hate to have this happen while i have a plane up in the air and no control from the T/X.  Please advise.......I plan to fly tomorrow  ??? ??? ???

Offline Richard_RC_Guy

• Captain
  • TEMAC #: 295
  • Started Flying RC: 2013
Re: HELP ! My T/X went dead for a while .
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 11:43:09 am »
Hi William:

Try to fully charge your TX battery. If it is LiPo, then 6.4V warning is only 3.2V per cell. If you saw 7.1V then that’s 3.55V per cell which is getting low. Fully charged is 4.2V per cell (8.4V for the pack).

If the TX runs when plugged into the charger then I think your issue is with a bad battery or one that is nearly discharged. A bad battery may have high internal resistance which lowers it’s output voltage under load.

So charge the TX battery and let us know if your TX works (or not).

Offline Frank v B

• Ace
  • TEMAC - Assistant to the Assistant Greeter.
  • TEMAC #: 141
  • Started Flying RC: 1989
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 08:31:33 pm »
Richard,

I had a look at it TX this morning.  It had a Spectrum Li-ion pack in the transmitter.  I removed the battery and removed the plug just in case there was corrosion.  There was none.  The black wire was exposed in several places so I covered it with electrical tape, re-plugged the battery and closed the back.  We had 6 flights with it no problem.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Offline WilliamA

• Airman
  • Started Flying RC: 2018
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 09:37:46 pm »
Hi Richard,      After Frank had a look at the battery pack and did a little repairing , we had no problems with the TX , and everything seems to be okay. Thank you Frank, for your help and keen observation with the black wire.
As you suggested Richard, I will be checking to see the condition of the battery pack , whether the pack is getting weak and going bad.
Thank you for replying.             William.