BoB event still on

Started by Oscar, September 14, 2019, 12:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

Hello, I noticed at the event calender, it's showing BoB event this Sunday, Sep 15, between 1p and 3p.
Is it cancel or postpone to a different date?

sihinch

Battle of Britain day was always an "informal, unofficial" event that a few members wanted to observe. It's always on Sept 15th which is known officially as "Battle of Britain" day.

So it was never really an off or on event. It just is!  ;D

But yes, I will be there with Battle of Britain planes to fly!

Frank v B

"Never trade luck for skill"

Oscar

Thank you Simon.  I thought it will postpone given 90% chance of rain tomorrow.

sihinch

Unfortunately it's fixed to the date, Oscar.

SeeFernando

Looks like the rain should stop by 3pm!
-Chris

Oscar

Few of us came after the rain stopped.  It turns out to be the best group Spitfire flying I ever have.  Wind was 5km/h from the N/E.  Sunny with temp. around low 20s C. 

K.C., Richard, Dave and I flew the Spitfire.  All take off and land smoothly.  In fact, we did so good, that NOT EVEN ONE NOSE OVER on landing. (in both group flights)  :D

We took a break, flew other planes, then four of us flew again.  Here is the video footage Carlos took for us on our second flight.  Enjoy!!

https://youtu.be/rPG8-7XCYPw

davidk

Excellent camera work Carlos... and thanks for editing and posting Oscar... turned out really good.

That grass landing was like... budda... and due entirely to the whole flight instruction team.  I couldn't have been more proud.  Thanks guys.

What a beautiful afternoon at the field.

SeeFernando

-Chris

WilliamA

Hi Guys,      That clip was awesome and a fitting tribute to BoB day. the flying was excellent, the filming ,fantastic and the editing superb !!!!!