Last Wednesday Evening Flight Training Session This Season IS A GO

Started by bweaver, September 16, 2019, 06:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

A fantastic end of training season evening last night. Lots of flying and training, pizza and drinks, and great weather with light winds.

Michael

Frank v B

re: "... and great weather with light winds".

Don't tell me...the light wind was not a cross wind.  That would be a perfect flying day.  We finally got the weather right. ;D

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

SeeFernando

Looks like a blast! 

I was flying too!... into Pearson...

Can't wait to "help" out next year!  Maybe I'll have a project in Toronto next year!

Great work to the Students and the Flight Team at TEMAC!  Ya'll are awesome!
-Chris

piker

Thanks Dave.  Cool pictures!

It's Senior Kadet, built from a Sig kit.  It's one of the original trainer designs from 60's or 70's I believe.  I picked up the kit in Kingston a few years ago and used it as something simple to build while my workshop was little more than a folding table in a construction zone (my attic).

I have foam cores for floats that I will finish off for it.  Because I intend to fly it from floats (carry extra weight) I used an Eflite 60 motor on 5 or 6 cells.  The plane is very basic with the traditional three-channel function (rudder, elevator, throttle) and tricycle landing gear.  It has an 85" wingspan and weighs 6.5 lbs.  The lighting system consists of strips of LEDs, one along the bottom of the fuselage (inside) and the other along the rear edge of the bottom spare.  The lights are switch on and off with a brushed ESC used as a switch and powered from a separate 3 cell battery.  The lights draw 2 amps.  The lights are white with the transparent covering creating the yellow glow.

Robert

davidk

Thanks for the details Rob... history and build are half of a plane's alure.

And thanks to Bruce for turning me around to see the photo op.  I'd have missed it otherwise.