New leadership for TEMAC

Started by Michael, September 18, 2019, 09:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Hello all members.

The membership is hereby being notified that the entire current TEMAC board, and the current Chief Flight Instructor, are all stepping down at the end of 2019.

Many of us have been volunteering for several years; I have been serving the club for 16 years.

All of us will remain as members (and instructors), and will help and support new board members.

We have one of the biggest and most active RC model airplane clubs in the country. There are many qualified people in this club who can contribute, and now is the time to step up. Only a few hours a month are generally needed to take care of what needs to be done.

The positions are:

President - maintain the club as a nice place to fly and have fun with friends, and provide proper instruction for student pilots; Encourage the ideals of safety, fun and courteous interaction between members; plan and lead the (winter) monthly meetings; help with the organization of funflys; and make decisions (with the rest of the board) on how face challenges.

Secretary Treasurer - maintains all incoming and outgoing funds (bank account), and acts as a liaison with MAAC and the federal government regarding the legal status of our club.

Vice President, Director of Administration - with the help and delegation of club members: organize spring clean up, maintain the field (runway, pits, toilet, driveway).

Special Events Coordinator - plan and organize (with the help and delegation of club members) funflys and other events.

Chief Flight Instructor - lead flight instruction evenings, delegate responsibilities to other instructors, award wings to new pilots.

Michael

Frank v B

First of all, a huge thank you to the current executive for getting the Club to this stage.  It is a fun place to fly.  With very few exceptions, it is a very safe place to fly. 

A special Thanks to Michael for starting the Club and the rest of the executive for developing it into a great place to be.  I remember the meeting when Michael stood up and announced he was starting a new electric-only club.

As for the future, I will volunteer to handle the "Special Events" and/or "CFI" portfolio.  See who bubbles to the surface and I am will to plug any hole in the executive depending on who else steps forward.  Of course "No" and "NFW" ( ;)) are always answers.

Who is up next!  Let's hear from the rest of you.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

msatin

I have said many times how much fun I've had this summer, and all the reasons why.
As in many things, it starts from the top, and the leadership here certainly sets the tone, and for that...many thanks.
I'm obviously still way too new to put myself forward for any of the positions Michael mentions, but I would be happy to volunteer as an "assistant to" wherever I could be useful
You never fail until you stop trying

sihinch

Thanks for your sentiments Mark.  But you're never too new!  I was VP in my second year of membership and then ended up President by the end of that year!!! I stayed on for 6 more years.

It was a great privilege and I enjoyed my time steering the club and working with the Executive.

Don't be afraid of these roles, anyone. They are very rewarding. If you love the Club and the Hobby, you could do them.

Michael

"Newbies" should absolutely consider these positions.

Enthusiasm matters here more than experience.

The new board will absolutely be able to rely on help from the "oldies".

Michael

octagon

I want to thank the current board for making and keeping Temac and Rogo field such a excellent club and a fun place to be. It truly is my happy place. I would be honoured to take on the secretary treasurer position. I ran my own business for 29 years, and if the club wants me and Andy will help with the transitioning, I will be glad to help.
What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: octagon on September 20, 2019, 06:46:35 PM
I want to thank the current board for making and keeping Temac and Rogo field such a excellent club and a fun place to be. It truly is my happy place. I would be honoured to take on the secretary treasurer position. I ran my own business for 29 years, and if the club wants me and Andy will help with the transitioning, I will be glad to help.

Thanks so much Rob.  I will definitely help with the transitioning.

Andy

davidk

With the help and guidance of all TEMAC members, I'd be honoured to follow in Graham's footsteps as VP.

This has been a tremendous week.

I'm away for 3 months, Jan-Mar... if that's a concern.

Frank v B

David,

re: your "I'm away for 3 months, Jan-Mar... if that a concern."

Absolutely no problem.  For 3 months we can blame all our mistakes on you! ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

gmcnic

David,

Thank you so much for stepping up and it would be a pleasure assisting you as you come up to speed.  It all becomes a routine.
Jan/Feb/Mar are the down times for field maintenance as I never got around to shoveling out the driveway (on purpose?  ;))

Of course we must wait until the AGM meeting in December before we can declare anything official.  But I appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to contribute to this wonderful club.

Graham

Michael

I just went out for lunch with Davidk.

He treated.

I hereby support and endorse him for VP.

Is anyone else looking for support?  ;)

Michael

davidk

And so I must give a whole hearted endorsement to the A&W Beyond Meat Burger.  I've intended to try one of these from any of the franchises who've jumped on board, but hadn't until today.

I never would have tried A&W since I kinda believed they were serving the very same burgers I had when I was a kid and they delivered to your car window on Yonge St. in Richmond Hill.

However, on Micheal's recommendation... A&W BMB it was... and it was really excellent.  Excellent fries, too... which come in their own little metal fry basket.

sihinch

I also endorse the beyond meat burger. Is there a role for this at TEMAC?   ;D

davidk

Yes... there's the patty itself, tomato, lettuce, condiments... and a roll. ;)

Michael

Quote from: sihinch on September 26, 2019, 03:06:50 PM
I also endorse the beyond meat burger. Is there a role for this at TEMAC?   ;D

We could bbq a few of these at one of our upcoming funflys.

Michael