Eagle 2 Frame *FREE*

Started by ppalumbo, September 28, 2019, 04:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ppalumbo

I've come across an Eagle 2 Frame that I'm having a hard time just tossing out.  The Eagle 2 was the first plane I built and learned to fly on and I recall just how well it flew.  I currently have the Eaglet 50 that I've converted to electric and cant have two (my wife said so) so I thought if anyone was interested in this one they are welcome to it.  This would make a good electric convert project as it has a top hatch with plenty of room for a battery.  It could use a recovering or some patching.  I'm sure I can dig up a few servos for it as well.  If your interested please reply to this thread and we can make arrangements to meet at the field sometime. 

Peter

davidk

I think I would thoroughly enjoy a project like that... and I know a few people I hope I can lean on for advice and guidance.

If you feel I could give it a good home, I'd be very happy to take it in.  Cheers.  David.

N.B.  I'll be at the field... well... anytime.  Excellent flying today... straight north wind, no rain at 2 and on.  4pm saw a westerly element being added.

Frank v B

David,

If Peter decides to release it to you, bring it to the first Build Class and we will use it as a topic for deciding:
- motor/ESC/battery and prop combinations.
- how to attach a motor
- de-slimeriring a plane.

or, talk to Fabrice since this is the same plane as he has been flying. ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

That's a great idea... I was kinda hoping for a community re-build.

Quotede-slimeriring a plane
: is this about removing gas-gunk?

ppalumbo

its yours David.  Let me know next time your out and I'll meet up with you.  I may also attend the meeting next week if that works as well. 

Peter

davidk

That's cool, Peter... thanks.  I'll be at the field tomorrow at around 10am... for as long as the weather holds.

Cheers.

Frank v B

I witnessed the hand-over at the field today. :)

Frank

davidk

Me too.  The Eagle 2 is in terrific shape.  Little to no de-slimerring to do... and... it smells excellent.

This will be a great project.  If I can keep certain club members in Timbits, I may be able to pull this off.

Frank v B

David,

re"If I can keep certain club members in Timbits"

Great... a pay increase!   ;D

Frank

Palkina

This has a great potential, start buying QSR  ;D

ppalumbo

@Frank v B Hi Frank here are a few pics of the Extra profile plane. The frame is in perfect condition, with a few punctures in the covering.  I should have taken a pic of the underside of the wing.  It has two fair size hatches for the servos.  I'm sure a battery could fit as well.  Its yours if you like.

Frank v B

Peter,

Thanks.  I will take it and use it as a subject for the Build Class for three reasons:
1) How to calculate what kind of Power System to use. Maybe Piker can do his power selection lecture (Rob, just trying to give you a legitimate reason to put down your hammer and saw and come talk models. ;D)
2) How to convert the model to electric.  This includes how to attach the motor and determine the location of the batteries (CG sensitive).
3) How to fix the covering.

When all said and done it will be turned over to a deserving TEMAC member...... to attach his own motor, batteries and electronics.

Frank

davidk

What a great looking plane.  I'm looking forward to seeing that in the air, as well.

2 planes for the build evening.  Compare and Contrast.