Flying today - Oct 1 2019

Started by davidk, October 01, 2019, 03:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

A beautiful morning, warm, birds singing, Monarchs fluttering.
Jim, Craig, Mike, Bill, Lorenzo, Roger (yes, he's back and seemed to be about 3 inches off the ground), Bruce, Frank, Glenn, and me.
The winds were negligible until around noon, and then started to kick up a bit of a fuss... but that just makes for interesting landings.  Had to go around 12 times to land the Timber.

Frank v B

So.... I phoned Bruce yesterday afternoon and asked if he was going flying today and said he was not planning to but would immediately put his batteries on charge.  Neither of us had checked the weather.

This Bruce guy delivered the most beautiful day for flying and and all-time record high temperature. What a great service.   I am sure if he wants to, he can even part the waters. ;D 8)

Here is the photo report:

16- My Tucano (speed 400 size) fluttered down and broke a prop and cracked a leading edge.  Subject of our first build class.  "How to repair a leading edge"   Please note that "Fluttering" is very gentle "crashing".  Oh the subtleties of the English language.
17- Jim flies his FW 190 after dusting off the runway after hand-launch with a prop ground clearance measured in micrometers.
18- Lawrence thinks he is in Hawaii.  Let him dream.
20- Lawrence displaying his gift of BS gab.
21- Bruce focussing the sun off the wings of his plane to black out the photo.
22- Bill tries to straighten out Lawrence.
24- Dave, please put your floppy hat back on.
25- Mr. Spitfire "Roger That" flies a Mustang (SpitStang)
26- Bill heard that all field negotiations are handled with Tim's products as currency.
27- ... and then I got into the Spitfire and.....
30- Glenn looked at his old plane and said "mirror, mirror on the wall..."
31- a photo taken for Andy Hoffer.  Maximum sun reflection off the silver finish.... just to drive him insane. ;D 8)
33- Ransom photo taken except Bruce came back 15 minutes later to pick it up.  The auction has been cancelled. :)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Yes it was a great day and yes the weather gods are good to me...