Fall Clean Up- Saturday 26/October 09:00~11:00AM

Started by gmcnic, October 17, 2019, 02:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmcnic

It is that time of year to be looking at a little field tidying up for the next season on Saturday 26/Oct from 9AM.

It will be similar to past years focusing on clearing long grass out of the drainage channels, pot hole repairs on the driveway, stacking of the lawn chairs, etc.  Garden rakes, shovels, and boots would be great to have with you if you can make it out.

No idea of what the weather at this stage so I shall update later next week.
Hot coffee & chocolate along with some donuts are included in the price of participation.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Cheers,
Graham

davidk

And toques... don't forget about toques.

BJ did such an amazing tidying up the other day, I thought the fall clean-up had already been done.
Every chair organized by type... and stacked.  Now that's a level of commitment.  Tables all in a row.  I didn't want to sit down and spoil the effect.  :D

sihinch

I'm really sorry Team, but I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it.  I hope it goes well.

octagon

I'll be there. Are we meeting at Timmy's first?
What could possibly go wrong?

VadimKirillov

I will be there, with tuque, wellingtons, and rake. ;D

msatin

I'm afraid I'm out of town returning late Saturday.
If this is changed to Sunday, I will be there
You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

I will clear my calendar ... to help clear the field. ;D

re: Rob's: "I'll be there. Are we meeting at Timmy's first?"

You got it.  I will aim to be at Tim's Woodbine for 8:15 am.

Like a good Dutch boy I will be playing in the river to help clear it.  Will bring a shovel, rake and loppers to trim roots that are exposed in the river.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

Frank v B

David,

re: "There's a river???  Cool !"

Yes, a river runs through it. ;)

Frank

Frank v B

Don't forget to come this Saturday for 9 am.  Confirming a Tim's Top-up at 8:15 am. at Woodbine and Stouffville Road.

Frank

gmcnic

Indeed the weather is looking just right for the clean up so come on out for this nice social gathering.

Thanks in advance.
Graham

Frank v B

Graham,

Field Clean-up??? You mean I have to work???? ;)

Please bring rakes, shovels, a few buckets (for gravel fill-in) and a sense of humour.

Guaranteed worth the effort.  I knew Graham was serious when the weather report on Tuesday stated that Saturday would be the only nice day this week.  The lengths Graham goes to is incredible.  He is a man of influence. ;)

Frank

Frank v B

What a gorgeous day.  Better than some blustery days of past years.  It started off cool (+1) but the sun came out nicely and warmed us.
Thanks to everyone who came out and those who wanted to but had pressing family issues to look after.

Photo report:

82- How many retired guys do you know who still wear their University jackets?  Not just find it but fit in it as well.
83- Glenn came to do work
84- I asked Graham to crack a smile.  Shoudda known.   ;D
85- Glenn fills the wheelbarrow.  David slaves over an empty one.
86- How can you tell Glenn spent a lifetime working in schools?
87- The Doc's visit made it all official.
88- Vadim playing surrogate father.  Those were real tears.  He saw Graham and got scared.
89- Sprinkles made the tears go away.  David wanted all the rest.
90- Official work party- Graham working and 4 people talking.
94- Andy in the donuts again.  Gotta be nice to him.  He earned it.
95- Andy and Graham in conversation and .... they understand each other.

Frank

sihinch

Michael

Michael