Flying this Sunday Oct. 20- 10 am to noon

Started by Frank v B, October 17, 2019, 08:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Weather permitting, I will be at the field this Sunday from about 10 am. to noon. 

Look at this post Sunday after 8:00 am for my go/no go.  If "GO", I will bring David's Grasshopper and bring a Nooner in case Vadim can drop by.
If you need help with a plane, a flying lesson, just get rid of some insults or watch me screw up a flight, please drop by. ;D

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

I hope the weather forecast holds... looks like an excellent flying weekend.

Nooners, Grasshoppers, V900s... what a weekend !

VadimKirillov

As much as I want to come and try out Nooner, I have all day tomorrow planned out. All with family. But I firmly scheduled next Saturday clean up. 

Frank v B

Vadim,

Ok.  You are off the hook but that gives me a week to crash the Nooner before you can try it.  Good thing I have a second one.
Guaranteed two flights for me! ;D ;D

Frank

Frank v B

I am soooo going flying tomorrow.  A beautiful (work) day today and it is supposed the be better Sunday.

Frank

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

Frank v B

What a gorgeous day!!  No wind to speak of, sunshine, a sweater was becoming too warm and no crashes.

Frank

Photo report:

65- Mike was flying his normal mix of Mixmaster planes.
67- Sophia brought her father over.  Sophia  "can you smile?".  "Another day!"
68- a marshmallow put a smile on her face.
70- Michael and Peter discussing the beautiful Corsair.  A great flier.
72- Dave before the first flight of the plane just released by the Coroner (bought if from Dr. John).  No autopsy required.  It flew fine.
75- David with his Piccolo Warwing.... an overpowered gnat.
76- The Mini Warwing flew this far before the beans grabbed it.  The weeds in the foreground are at the south end of the grass.
77- Michael could not hide his grin when the sun came out full strength.  He claimed he brought it with him. ;)

Michael

That turned out to be one of the best flying days of the year!

The weather was mild to warm, with only very slight slight wind (ranging from 0 to 10 km) straight down the runway.

I counted over 20 people at one point, and there was lots of non-stop flying, from slow fly models, to jets!
Michael

Frank v B

So all year we have been training guys like David, Mark and Kenny how to handle windstorms, cross winds, and rotors.  Then we finally get a perfect day and they don't know how to handle it. ;)  Joy. ;D
Most landings were long because there were no headwinds to slow down the plane.

A very safe flying day.

Frank

Michael

A few photos.

1. My CL415 Waterbomber (flew it twice).
2. The elusive (now thin and bearded) Michael H.
3. 5 pilot stations full.
4. The pits.
5. That's how many batteries I used to fly on Sunday.
Michael

Gregor77