Nov 6 Pilots Meeting- photo report.

Started by Frank v B, November 06, 2019, 11:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Here is what really happened:

Photo
40- David and Glenn paying attention to Roger.... just in case there is a snap test afterwards.
41- Rob trying to get Gerald to stay awake.
43- Bruce - awake and smiling
45- Guy paying attention
46- The group at the back of the bus
47- Michael riding the rodeo
49- Andy trying to figure out how to use his Instamatic
50- Gerald standing at attention
52- Roger describing his flight
54- Moshe getting embarrassed as Andy gets to work.
57- Michael and his flying shipping carton.
59- Vadim and the rest of the captivated audience.... at Roger's presentation, not Michael's rodeo joke. ;)
61- Guy and Roger That.
62- Andy... again.  Don't worry, he won't be there for the next Pilots Meeting.

"Never trade luck for skill"

RogMason

Thanks for these gems Frank.  Thanks also to Michael for his great introduction and special thanks to Simon for making the movie showing possible by bringing his excellent projection system and setting it up.

I have to say, it was a great pleasure sharing my experience of the Biggin Hill Spitfire flight with you all. I realized that TEMAC would be my most critical (in the nicest way) audience, as you all know what you are talking about and would understand and appreciate what you would be watching. That made it a greater pleasure sharing it with you guys.  I apologize for the questions that I couldn't answer definitively but  I haven't been flying Spitfires for very long. 

For those who couldn't make the evening, here again is a link to the video... (Please don't post it on YouTube or social media, there are two copyrighted pieces of music in the film and although I'm certain that Glenn Miller and Johan Sebastian Bach wouldn't mind me using their compositions for this purpose, Record companies hold an entirely different view :-))

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4iqbr5p99edpnz7/Spitfire%20Flight-Biggin%20Hill_9-compressed.mp4?dl=0
'Roger That...'

sihinch

What a fab evening! Roger - thank you for sharing what must have been a very personal ambition with us. Wow! Now I want another Spitfire, a bigger one. With a Merlin!!!!

For anyone interested, here are the servos that I mentioned. As I said, they get rave reviews from aerobatic pilots on RCGroups.

http://www.promodeler.com/DS100DLHV

bweaver

Thanks to Roger and others.  Your presentation and the show and tells were a great start to our pilots meetings for this coming 2019-2020 season.

(I'll never be able to look at or think about a rodeo in the same way again.)   :-X

@Andy Hoffer Did you notice the snow this morning?   8)

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on November 07, 2019, 09:13:32 AM
Thanks to Roger and others.  Your presentation and the show and tells were a great start to our pilots meetings for this coming 2019-2020 season.

(I'll never be able to look at or think about a rodeo in the same way again.)   :-X

@Andy Hoffer Did you notice the snow this morning?   8)

Hey @bweaver !  I absolutely noticed the snow!  Just finished clearing off our CR-V.  Winter is here!!!

Andy