Flying today : Thur Nov 7 2019

Started by davidk, November 07, 2019, 06:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

First field snowfall pics of the the 2019/2020 winter season.  Very little wind, from the north, and a bit of sunshine.  The runway was completely clear of snow.

Ken did very well with jets.
Glenn had his Beaver on floats and had ample runways.  Floats are so quiet on this kind of snow.
The Timber did well on the "runway" but dug in on the snow... at least the way I flew it.

Excellent day.

bweaver

Re: The Timber did well on the "runway" but dug in on the snow... at least the way I flew it.

Beautiful photos.  Great looking sky. 

I am however confused about your flying encounter with the snow?  In order to avoid problems of digging into the snow while flying; I would suggest more altitude.  :P

davidk

It's that part... toward the end of the flight... that was giving me grief.  Let me see... opposite of taking off... the latter part of 'what goes up'...

It seems that tires and packing snow mix really well... into packed snow on the tires.  Given the skill level, if (yeah right) I miss the runway and end up rolling in the snow, I'd get a bit of a 'snowball' effect going... and.  Fun though.  Give the nose a little whack to get the snow away from the motor... and off we go again.