Build Class Nov 20, 2019 - This coming Wednesday!

Started by Frank v B, November 16, 2019, 07:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Come join us at our Build Class this Wednesday.  I should be there early for dinner by about 5 pm.  At about 6:30 pm we will go downstairs to the meeting room.  It is just another way for friends and frenemies to get together and talk model airplanes.

Bring your projects whether they are build projects or repair projects.

: I will be bringing my Tiger Moth Project which should be ready to cover by then.

: Piker, if he can make it, can bring his Starlet project.

: Bruce, if he can stand it and make it, can cover Foam Building and repair.  His specialty of course is eating and spitting out foam with his Warwings.

: Moshe needs some help with a project that he talked to me about several weeks ago.

Frank

ps: I have sent an invitation to Mr Hoffer to see if he will do his "How to add snow skis to your winter plane".  We await his answer. 8)
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

re: Andy's ski presentation:  "ps: I have sent an invitation to Mr Hoffer to see if he will do his "How to add snow skis to your winter plane".  We await his answer. 8)"

Andy has regretfully declined...... because his boss said his talents are required at a social occasion outside of TEMAC.  He was kind enough to offer to loan me his notes and samples.

There is no way I am doing his presentation and getting abuse hurled at me.  They deserve to go Andy's way.  As well, I want to get in on doling out abuse. ;D

Frank

Frank v B

Added Topic

How to change a broken shaft on a Power 32.

Broke the shaft on my Power 32 early this summer.  The replacement came in today.  I will ask anyone attending if they want to show us how to do it....or... I will suffer through it myself. 8)

Frank

Bought 2.  One to replace this broken one and the second one to get it right.!

davidk

Will you need some kind of tool to remove the old shaft?  Too push it out of the housing?

Frank v B

David,

Items needed: Allen key, pliers, heat gun, oil and .....if things don't go well.... a 2 1/2 pound mallet that is just big enough. ;D
I will bring the stuff.  I have replaced a shaft in a 480 before and it went fine but not a bigger* motor.

Frank

* it's all relative.  Bigger for me... smaller for Michael. ;)

BJROB

Sorry guys can't make it
Sick :(
And i don't want to spread it around although I'm a giving guy
I'm keeping this to my self..... I hope  :-[
I'll miss all the great advice or suggestions or sort of helpful ideas
Cheers
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Frank v B

Thanks for coming out to the meeting.  Attendance included Piker, Bruce, Adam, Guy, Rob D., Carlos, Ken Rawlins, Mark, David, Stephan, Roger Mason.

- Piker talked about his American Eaglet
- Adam talked about his 05 sized low winger
- David got at least a dozen conflicting pieces of advice on repairing his SlowPoke.
- Guy talked about his Minimoa sailplane
- David brought his Trojan fuse repair
- I brought the Tiger Moth and the Knox Hawkshaw project.

Photo report:
Photo 05- At least 3 opinions on Mark's SlowPoke repair.  Piker missed the point by that much!
Photo 06- Piker's skin and bones project looking great.
Photo 07- Back to Mark's SlowPoke for 4 more opinions.  (Thanks Bruce for the correction)
Photo 09- Rob and Carlos- the Temac Biker gang.
Photo 10- Adam diligently working away at his balsa pieces.
Photo 11- Bruce dealing with indigestion after eating too much Warwing foam.
Photo 13- Guy's impersonation of a deer in the headlights.
Photo 16- Roger That
Photo 19- Piker making a point" I think that is the fuselage"
Photo 21- David cannot believe the amount of BS being hurled about.
Photo 23- Piker pretending to be General Eisenhower going over the final D Day plans.

Frank

GuyOReilly

Thank you for all the comments, discussions and advice.
Guy

bweaver

Quote from: Frank v B on November 20, 2019, 11:21:58 PM
Thanks for coming out to the meeting.  Attendance included Piker, Bruce, Adam, Guy, Rob D., Carlos, Ken Rawlins, Mark, David, Stephan, Roger Mason.

- Piker talked about his  American Eaglet
- Adam talked about his 05 sized low winger
- David MARK got at least a dozen conflicting pieces of advice on repairing his SlowPoke.
- Guy talked about his Minimoa sailplane
- David brought his Trojan fuse repair
- I brought the Tiger Moth and the Knox Hawkshaw project

Photo report:
Photo 05- At least 3 opinions on Dave's SlowPoke repair.  Piker missed the point by that much!
Photo 06- Piker's skin and bones project looking great.
Photo 07- Back to Dave's MARK's SlowPoke for 4 more opinions.
Photo 09- Rob and Carlos- the Temac Biker gang.
Photo 10- Adam diligently working away at his balsa pieces.
Photo 11- Bruce dealing with indigestion after eating too much Warwing foam.
Photo 13- Guy's impersonation of a deer in the headlights.
Photo 16- Roger That
Photo 19- Piker making a point" I think that is the fuselage"
Photo 21- David cannot believe the amount of BS being hurled about.
Photo 23- Piker pretending to be General Eisenhower going over the final D Day plans.

Frank

I was there and it really was more fun than what the pictures depict.  (Based on our expressions we all look like we were in purgatory which was not the case.)  A most entertaining evening.  :) :) :) :) :) :)

davidk

Engrossed, I'd say.  Although, that is my expression for a multitude of emotions.

Frank used specific numbers.  I should have taped it.

I learned about washout... and why... and HOW !!

The twist in Piker's Eaglet wing is poetic.

msatin

1st - BJ - I hope you feel better
2nd - The projects discussed look fantastic!
3rd - Thanks for all the great ideas. I'll post a couple if pics for fun
4th - I'm not sure how Frank got David I confused - He's way smarter than I am  ;D
You never fail until you stop trying

Palkina

Thank you all for your building tips.

Good thing about this hobby is that you have the option to learn something every day. :D

I almost forgot Adam's CNC cutting machine. Wondering if Adam could provide more details.

mawz

Palkina