Crash of the Year Award 2019

Started by davidk, January 05, 2020, 10:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

It's time, once again, to consider those who have had notable crashes in 2019.  :'(  These can be spectacular, recurrent, or multiple.

For example, a nomination could go to George... who put his Apprentice into the same stand of trees not once, not twice, but thrice!

The Award will be presented at the Pilots Meeting on Jan. 8.

Who is your nomination for 2019?

Frank v B

My vote is for Bruce and not because he crashes a lot. 

He introduced TEMAC to the Warwing and the hundreds of foam shredding crashes that have resulted since. ;D
Warnings take the focus off the rest of us who have run-ins with gravity and lose. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Two photos:

Michael presenting the Crash of the Year trophy and Simon receiving (owning) it.   ;D

davidk

What was the crash that Simon won for?

sihinch

It was probably very bad. But it wasn't my V900 or F-18 (because they were 2019!)  ;D ;D ;D

Well, you know what I say? You aren't crashing' if you ain't tryin'!

I am amazed I didn't crash my Space Shuttle. That would definitely win the "looks good, flies ****" award!

davidk

If I may modify...

You ain't crashin' if you ain't flyin'

msatin

I'm thinking that perhaps David running over his Commander with his car in the driveway would be a worthy candidate 😁
You never fail until you stop trying

Frank v B

Mark,

re: David's Commander

That was not a crash.... because it didn't follow a take-off.  8)

It does eliminate David from the Driver of the Year Award.

Message: never stand behind David when he is about to drive away. ;D

Frank

davidk

Quote from: msatin on January 05, 2020, 08:37:31 PM
I'm thinking that perhaps David running over his Commander with his car in the driveway would be a worthy candidate 😁

I considered the same... but came to Frank's conclusion... my poor Aero Commander was a traffic accident.  Almost did it again a couple of weeks ago with my Warwing.  Yikes.  Side note... I watched The Irishman yesterday and they flew in an Aero Commander... very cool.

Frank v B

Went through my photos and found the following unclaimed re-kittings.  Rob's Brio 10 is no more.

octagon

May I humbly submit my CL 415. 5 months of building, $1500 invested, maybe 21/2 minutes in the air before it was shredded by the trees to the west. Still not quite over it.
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

I see a few Warwing photos added to this post for honouring the 'crash of the year'.  Warwings should not be considered for this award!

Warwings don't crash...  The Warwings depicted in the photos are only slightly damaged (considered a flesh wound) and in my view are fully repairable... 

Warwing 'crashes' (not the right word) only occur in circumstances when it should have been deeked as apposed to being dodged.   Obviously resulting from PILOT ERROR.

VadimKirillov

Thanks Frank for pictures of my spectacular crashes, but I think my V900 Crash was much grander, especially because I repeated it at least 4 times this season. Finally i can put it to "rest" or cannibalize  for other planes maybe new warwing with V900 Motor?

SeeFernando

Allow me to present, Super Scorpion...

Year two was very expensive...
-Chris

Frank v B

And the winner...... Mr Rob Dickinson. :'(