davidk

A visitor at the field...

davidk

BJROB

Wow here is your chance to practice landings on a carrier
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Frank v B

Sure sounds like those swimming logs are Florida's version of raccoons.
How's the swim-up restaurant doing???

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

Visitor at the field today... Pegasus?

davidk

All day I been watching 15 Vultures eat a soft shelled turtle.  I think the 'gator got him first.  Just thought I'd pass that along.

davidk

Hey Richard.  Your suggestion of a flying hazard is actually bang on.  At the field down here, there are a lot of turkey vultures circling.  Perspective makes it really tough to figure out where they actually are so you really do have to make sure you're below or above them.  They're as big, or bigger, and an apprentice... so an encounter wouldn't be pretty... for either.  ;)

Frank v B

I know your name is DavidK... but your reports are like David Suzuki.. or David Attenborough.  Alligators, turtles, herons, horses, vultures, eagles, etc. :D :D :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

These little guys were outside my front door this afternoon.  They'll be pretty good flyers one day... if the Great Blue Heron leaves them alone!

davidk

Finally... some decent winds are in the forecast.  One flying day out of the last 14 is nuts.

davidk

Nice day, 7mph winds, but overcast.  A bit better for the rest of the week.
All by my self  at the field today.  It's deserted during the week.  I'm very glad TEMAC is not.
A new brood about to hatch at my front door.

GuyOReilly

Quote from: davidk on March 10, 2020, 09:32:23 PM
All by my self  at the field today.  It's deserted during the week.  I'm very glad TEMAC is not.
Are these aligator eggs?!?  :o ;)

bweaver

Quote from: GuyOReilly on March 11, 2020, 08:34:41 AM
Quote from: davidk on March 10, 2020, 09:32:23 PM
Are these aligator eggs?!?  :o ;)

Yes, and they make a yummy morning omelette.  ::)

davidk

It takes 20 minutes... and a toe... to get past mama.

davidk

Sun and 85 and very little wind today.  But, very odd wind.  It was only a couple of mph, if at all... but from all directions.
This wind vane was just spinning today... and not just the prop.  It was a good day for the UMX Timber.