TEMAC 'Tickler' - Happy New Year ...

Started by Michael, January 05, 2020, 02:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

We have a new executive/board, and we're off to an enthusiastic start for the New Year! At our AGM/Pilots' meeting of December 4, 2019, members elected the following: Michael Rogozinsky – President; Athol Cohen - Secretary-Treasurer; David Kates - Vice President of Administration and Field and Rob Dickinson - Events and Activities Director. Frank Van Beurden was appointed Chief Flight Instructor.

17 members showed up for our January 1, 2020 'Frozen Fingers' New Year's day mini-funfly. The snow was soft, the temperature was mild and the wind was light. We had a lot of fun!

Our next meeting takes place Wednesday January 8, 2020 (see details below). We're looking forward to an informal meeting where we will award the 2019 Crash-of-the-Year award; we'll discuss upcoming events; and we'll discuss the likelihood of major field improvements (new runway?).

We know many of you are building new models, or have new gifts from Santa, so please bring these along for Show-and-Tell. We all enjoy seeing what others are preparing for the new season.

Our new secretary-treasurer is attempting to modernize our membership payment system.
Membership renewal is $80. Please check the Membership link on the TEMAC website for other membership fees. We are moving to accept Interac e-transfers (payments) for Membership fees please. Send your Interact Payment to [email protected]
Your payment will be acknowledged via email and your PAID Invoice with your new Membership Card will be emailed to you.

Meetings at Colonel Mustard's (restaurant and bar) 6545 Hwy 7, Markham.
We generally start arriving from about 5 pm, and enjoy supper together until about 7 o'clock, and then we move downstairs to start our meetings at about 7:30 pm. These meetings are a lot of fun, and we do have many things to talk about. All members are encouraged to attend.
Michael

Michael

Those who can't, are unable, or unwilling to pay membership dues by electric transfer, can pay by cheque or cash at the Jan. 5, 2020 meeting, or can mail a cheque to Athol. The mailing address will be posted soon.

Please make sure to update your MAAC membership as well.
Michael

bweaver

Quote from: Michael on January 05, 2020, 02:12:18 PM
Those who can't, are unable, or unwilling to pay membership dues by electric transfer, can pay by cheque or cash at the Jan. 8, 2020 meeting, or can mail a cheque to Athol. The mailing address will be posted soon.

Please make sure to update your MAAC membership as well.

Adjusted the meeting date, otherwise I would have missed the meeting.  See you there :P

Frank v B

We had a fun meeting.

The photos:
95- Athol doing what he does best... collecting money.
96- 4 people making sure Andy H. behaves
97- Richard protecting his newfound box of balsa
99- well behaved members in the back...and Bruce.
01- Teachers pets sitting at the front.
03- Michael didn't auction anything off tonight.
04- Chris with "I got this great headlamp for Christmas"
05- "Who woke me up"
08- Unanimous winner of the saddest award.  Rob and the Crash of the Year award.
11- BJ with his version of "clip-on" wings.
14- Richard still grinning at his box of Balsa.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

SeeFernando

I thought 14 was Phil with is box of Balsa?
-Chris

Frank v B

Chris,

re: I thought 14 was Phil with is box of Balsa?

Phil's brother.... ;D Richard B.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"