scale-parkflyer.de depron Beriev BE-200(Beer bomber) 70mmx2 Build

Started by Wingnutz, January 21, 2020, 08:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

Quote from: Frank v B on February 17, 2020, 04:12:08 PM
David,

I don't think you have met Mr. Nutz. 

He is the most patriotic Canadian modeler who, just like you, spends cold days in Florida to stop from going mad.  All his models have a Canadian flavour (taste) and he is a patriotic beer drinker as well.  He thinks hell is the place where you have to drink American beer all day. ;D

When he announced he was building a Beriev it could only mean the Cold War was definitely over.  It could indicate he is considering switching over to Vodka as the fire fighting liquid of choice.

We certainly hope he comes to visit us more often this coming season.  We missed him last year.

Frank
I will test the solvent qualities of vodka on depron and my stomach soon, but as to the likelihood the Beriev which became the beer bomber, becoming the Bolshoi bomber...nyet (Russian contraction for not yet).
As for adding some Canadian (or maybe Soviet) content over ROGO field, I'll do my best, especially for jets day...I miss the ROGO gang.
The assembly I can do is limited to structures small enough to pack for the trip back to Canada, so I can't put the wing or fuselage halves together or start skinning them, but I have actually done some work on the beer bomber starting on the engines and mounts. I had purchased a pair of 70mm edfs mistakenly thinking they were the recommended size. Turns out they should have been 64mm, and trying to fit the 70s would create new problems...so I've ordered two 64s...arrival end of this week. The plan is to use them with the ESCs ordered for the 70s and keep the 70s as backups if the model proves underpowered on ROW attempts(a couple of other builders have had this experience) I will post when I've made some progress and before heading home at the beginning of next month.
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Wingnutz

The 9g slim wing servos for the ailerons  showed up yesterday. I originally ordered 9g waterproof servos for the model, but the wing tapers and where the aileron servo mounts, the wing is thin enough that a reg sized HK 9g servo won't fit. The slim wing 9g fits nicely...hopefully Corrosion-X will waterproof it. ???

I haven't decided whether to put the aileron pushrod on the bottom or top of the wing. Recommended is on top and the opening for the servo arm seems less likely to admit water if the hole is there, BUT, I'm still tending towards putting the pushrod and servo arm hole on the bottom so once water gets in, it can drain out. I'll add some pushrod/servo arm fairings wherever the hole is cut...thoughts appreciated...

Hand cut and glued the 1/16" ply wing saddle to the matching depron piece.
Speaking of depron, my inquiries indicate depron is getting very difficult to find in NA...anybody confirm or refute this? ???

Wingnutz

The 64 mm EDF units arrived yesterday...12 blade for 4S...they look great...time will tell. Fabricated one engine nacelle out of a sheet of depron. The assembly instructions I've found are minimal, in German (or a rough translation),  leading to lots of head-scratching and at least one mistake. This is definitely not a first build...even if you speak German (I don't)