March 11, 2020, TEMAC Pilot's Meeting

Started by Michael, March 09, 2020, 02:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Well, Spring is almost here, and people are continuing to take advantage of nice days to fly their models at TEMAC. However, as the weather gets warmer, the ground (runway, field, pits area, parking area and driveway) will get much softer and wetter. We must all be very careful not to damage our field, nor to get our vehicles stuck. Use caution, and if you can, wait for an official club notice for when the field will be dry and open.

As many of you know, there is a group of students from Ryerson University who have been using our field to work on projects. Here is a note I received from Rob Dickenson, TEMAC's Events Coordinator, about our upcoming club meeting this Wednesday, March 11:

"I sent pictures of the field and the Ryerson guys getting their drone to fly. They are a nice bunch and very involved at what they are trying to accomplish. The lead guy in their team is Alex, who will give a presentation at our next meeting. I think it is a kind of project about making deliveries with drones. I think this team has an interesting story to tell. It should be about a 20 minute talk."

Please bring along any model planes you've been working on for "Show-and-Tell." We'd all like to see previews of what will be flying this season! Our March 2020 Pilots' Meeting will take place the afternoon/evening of March 11, 2020, at Colonel Mustard's (restaurant and bar) 6545 Hwy 7, Markham. Arrive as early as 5 pm, and enjoy supper together until about 7 o'clock, and then we'll move downstairs to start our meeting at about 7:30 pm. All members are encouraged to attend.

Membership renewal for 2020 is $80. Please check the Membership link on the TEMAC website for other membership fees. We accept Interac e-transfers (payments) for Membership fees. Send your Interact Payment to [email protected]        Your payment will be acknowledged via email and your PAID Invoice with your new Membership Card will be emailed to you.

Michael

RogMason

Hi Michael,
Is there, or could there be, a member list on the TEMAC site, that has a checkmark after a member's name, if that are current or not? This way I can quickly check to see if I'm paid up or not?  e.g.  Roger Mason 2019 or Roger Mason 2020.
'Roger That...'

Michael

Unfortunately, no. There are privacy issues.
Michael

BJROB

Aaaah man sorry I'll have to miss this one
These meetings are fun and add so much to hobble for me
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Frank v B

Meeting report.

Alex from Ryerson gave us a presentation on the contest May 1-3 in Manitoba.

Photo 00- Alex introducing the team.  About 7 members are attending the contest.
Photo 01- A close-up of the plane's guts.  A 16000 mah battery.
Photo 03- I am a sailor and know a lot of knots, but what the hell kind of knot is this?  Probably a spider knot.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

Individual members had fun:

Photo 83- Who let Gerald loose?
Photo 84- Rob is always happy.  A common problem with all retired people.
Photo 85- Michael showing off his flying boat.  "....... and when it flips upside down the prop still drives the plane."
Photo 86- No-one told Simon that we usually take our coats off inside.
Photo 89- Don the one man Snowbirds promotional machine.
Photo 94- Adam doing his best to make me feel modern.  My 72 MEG Futaba Super 7 is waaayyy more modern than his just received Century 7.
Photo 95- Mark has returned from his trip around to the other side of the earth. (Thailand, my birthplace)

Frank v B

More photos:

Photo 98- Michael proudly shows off his flying boat (dinghy?)
Photo 99- "..and then when it comes at me I duck."
Photo 07- Glenn shows off his new Hurricane.  Can't wait to see it fly.
Photo 09- Simon showing off his greased Lightning.
Photo 12- "..and here is where the exhaust gasses come out."

Michael

It was a great presentation.

Thanks so much to Alex of Ryerson.
Michael

Michael

For those of you who didn't attend the meeting, Alex's presentation, on behalf of his team, was about their efforts to develop a drone-delivery system for medical purposes. Their effort and work are to be commended, as they are contributing to a better world.

As a club, we should all be proud that TEMAC is where they are supported, and we should all be proud of Frank (and Simon) who have been at the forefront (within TEMAC) of helping and supporting this group.

Michael

sihinch

It was a brilliant presentation and meeting. Thanks so much to Alex for the great overview and putting up with all my annoying questions!!!! I wish the whole team the best of luck in the competition.

And it was also great to see friends and chat models, planes and crocodiles!  ;D

msatin

Great meeting last night!
Thanks to everyone, sharing their knowledge and expertise
You never fail until you stop trying