Build Class- Frank's Joy Stick project

Started by Frank v B, February 14, 2020, 08:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidk

Boy, you guys build fast.  I'd still be reading the instructions and figuring out where to get pins.  By the way... where do you get pins?

Frank v B

Some more fun with the cockpit.  I know the pilot. ;D ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

davidk

Quote from: Frank v B on February 22, 2020, 09:14:47 PM
Some more fun with the cockpit.  I know the pilot. ;D ;D

Frank

I was so sure it was going to be "Rescue" and "Don't Rescue"... or "Rescue!" and "Rescue?"

octagon

My "Franks Joy Stick" (OK that sounds weird) is nearing completion. Just need to finish the covering and add insignias and it should be done.
What could possibly go wrong?

octagon

So I have now finished the Joy Stick. One of the nice things about this design is that it allows one to kind of come up with whatever they like. I decided to go classic in that the original stick by Phil Kraft had an Albatross (ish) tail and a red German WW1 appearance. I have always liked that. So I made the tail round and put the battery hatch on the top of the fuse (Frank put his on the bottom, either works).This was a fun build and rewarding as the building goes quickly (I built the wing between periods of a Leaf game). I like Michael's sea plane for the build class, but honestly, both it and the Fun Stick go together so quickly, and so inexpensively, that anyone could build both in the time between the 8 weeks of not winter we have here in southern Ontario. I am really excited to try this little guy. 

Michael

Michael

Frank v B

Frank v B

Final photos of my Joy Stick.  Ready for the first flight.

Frank

ps: Note the Canadian Air Force roundel on the wing.  A tribute to my son Tom who is still with Canada's NATO commitment in Kuwait.  He is a Captain the Canadian Air Force on the air base 30 km south of the Iraq border.  He has been there since October and is set to return to civilization (Winnipeg, 17 Wing) in April.

davidk

So pretty.  That'll look great in the air.

Winnipeg... civilization... ???

I'm glad he's coming home.

Frank v B

David,

re your "Winnipeg... civilization... ???"

Everything in life is relative.  Winnipeg or Kuwait.  I know what I would pick. Besides, Winnipeg is full of really nice people*. 

Frank

*That's why Andy had to leave.  ;D ;D   Yes, Andy Hoffer used to live there.

bweaver

I have had trouble bringing myself to commenting much on a post that refers to Frank's 'Joy Stick'

Further, at this point I can't bring myself to judging @Frank v B 's or @octagon 's 'Joy Sticks'. It would be inappropriate to comment on how they measure up.  :-X

Frank v B

Bruce,

re:   "I have had trouble bringing myself to commenting much on a post that..."

Your restraint was noticed by the absence of "Weaverisms" on all posts.
I figured you were just warming up.

Frank

octagon

Actually Bruce, although they are the same size, mine is bright red, but Frank's is blue and yellow.

bweaver

Quote from: Frank v B on February 22, 2020, 09:14:47 PM
Some more fun with the cockpit.

Frank

Tiny heads much? 

Frank v B

Bruce,

re: "Tiny heads much? "

We have no egos.  That takes up most of people's "headroom". ;)

Frank