Build class this Wednesday, Feb 26 2020

Started by Frank v B, February 21, 2020, 09:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Don't forget to attend the coming Build Class this Wednesday, Feb 26, 2020.  We  are slated to go downstairs for 7 pm.  Join us for dinner or a drink before-hand.  Some of us get there just after 5 pm.

Bring your questions, observations and insults. ;)

Here's hoping:
Michael can bring his Snapdragon floatplane project.
Simon brings his Electric Lightning.
Rob brings his Widgeon and Joy Stick
Guy brings his Minima.  At a 101" it may be a Maxi-Moa.
DavidK sends us an alligator from Florida. ;D
other members or surprise guests (Piker?) show up with projects.
I will bring my Stinson Voyager (100 sticks) and Joy Stick (now finished).

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

msatin

My company has "suggested" that anyone returning from a Caronavirus affected country, self quarantine for a min of 7 days.
Based on this reccomendation, and out of respect for everyone, I've decided not to attend today's build class
Has anyone ordered either project plane?
If not, is there any desire to place a bulk order?
You never fail until you stop trying

Michael

A+J Hobbies said he could order in bulk, but since this is planned for next season (2020-2021), I'd like to wait to see how many people want to build it.

However, Vadim already bought one. There's no reason anyone can't buy and build one.

Regardless, next year's building classes will involve building one or more models.
Michael

Frank v B

We had our Build meeting.  Four desperate enthusiastic members showed up for the meeting.  I know the weather kept Michael and Rob at home.
BJ and I had a great time... watching others do the work. ;D
The results showed that between Vadim and Simon they managed to cobble together a great covering job on Simon's Electric Lightning.
Here are the photos.

Frank

ps: the drive there and home was not bad.  A lot better than the forecast.  Those alarmist weather guys. :)

sihinch

Great photos Frank. It was a hoot. Thanks so much to you and especially Vadim for the help with my EE Lightning.

Here are a few "before & after" shots of the covering, once I'd used the heat gun at home. I think it looks awesome!

bweaver

GuyOReilly

Sorry I believed the Weather Alarmists...  :P
I had a few things to ask about the Minimoa, which is advancing however slowly.
I will post something later on for comments and discussion.
Guy

PS: Great job on the Lightning !!!  :D

Frank v B

Guy,

Sorry you missed it. 
Ask the question about the Minimoa and between the answers supplied by Bruce, Simon, Michael and myself we will have you totally messed up by the time this post is done. 8) 8) ;D ;

Frank

ps; I put as little much faith in the winter weather forecasts as the summer ones.

octagon

Quote from: sihinch on February 26, 2020, 10:25:35 PM
Great photos Frank. It was a hoot. Thanks so much to you and especially Vadim for the help with my EE Lightning.

Here are a few "before & after" shots of the covering, once I'd used the heat gun at home. I think it looks awesome!

Looks awesome Simon. Sorry I chickened out last night, like Guy I believed the weather guy. No not Guy that Guy, guy the weather guy. who's on first?
What could possibly go wrong?

GuyOReilly

Quote from: octagon on February 27, 2020, 04:29:02 PM
Quote from: sihinch on February 26, 2020, 10:25:35 PM

Looks awesome Simon. Sorry I chickened out last night, like Guy I believed the weather guy. No not Guy that Guy, guy the weather guy. who's on first?
Wo is on First, Watt is on second... I just LOVE that routine!!!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg

sihinch

piker

Hey guys (that's all of you... not just Guy),

Sorry I missed the meeting.  It wasn't the weather that kept me away.  I was in Guelph at the wind tunnel until about 7:00, then had to make my way back to work, unload, return the rental van, and grab dinner before the drive home.  I got home at midnight.   :o

I'll be at the next one!!!!

Robert

Frank v B

OK Rob,

We didn't take attendance. ;)  We appreciate your thoughts of getting there.

Frank