More space stuff

Started by bfeist, March 18, 2020, 08:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

Hi strangers.

Just thought you might want to check out my latest project. Apollo 13 in Real Time available at (https://apolloinrealtime.org). Took me and a group of volunteers 8 months and contains recordings that nobody has heard since 1970.

The 50th anniversary of the mission starts April 10th. If you visit the website starting then, you can tune in to exactly "right now" 50 years ago and witness history unfold.

I hope you enjoy it!

oh, and there's a forum (that might look familiar) where you can share interesting things you find in the mission material: https://forum.apolloinrealtime.org

Ben

sihinch

Thanks for letting us know Ben! Sorry to perhaps sound a bit "insensitive" and maybe a bit of a "rubber necker" but this mission should be full of action.

So glad they made it home.

bweaver

I'm looking forward to it and I have put it on my calendar.

Sounds real interesting.  Ben, you don't have to answer this (because I will find out come April 10th), but will there be a feature at some point that will permit a person to start and stop the recording so that we can experience the entire mission at our leisure?

Thanks
Bill (Bruce)

bfeist

Yes, @bweaver. In fact, the website is already online and fully playable (over 75,000 visitors so far). The only difference during the anniversary is the more connected experience of being able to drop in "right now". But you can do that today anyway, it's just not exactly 50 years earlier yet.

Ben

bweaver

@bfeist, I couldn't wait until the 10th.  I went to the Website and can't believe the information it contains and how it is presented.  JUST AMAZING!

I have bookmarked the site.  The website is going to be my 'go to site' as time permits, to allow me to review these undistorted historical events.  As a youngster I was enthralled with the Apollo missions and even made an 8mm film of the first landing on the moon, by filming my television screen at the time.

In retrospect, it's phenomenal to think of what people as individuals and society can do when there is a common goal and resources applied to accomplish it.

Thanks for making this resource available. 

Bruce

bfeist

Thanks very much Bill. Fingers crossed that everyone takes some quarantine time to re-witness this historical event!

Ben