FPV mount for DJI

Started by sihinch, March 20, 2020, 08:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

This post is really about 2 things.....

First, some of you may know that I crashed my new Bixler 1.1 last weekend. I had some sort of radio/gyro malfunction on the second flight and nosed in. So this week I did the old "hot water then hot glue" trick to get the nose back in shape, and then I added some fiberglass and eze-cote. Almost as good as new now and ready to fly!

Second, a very generous friend from TEMAC kindly printed an FPV mount for me (from thingiverse) for my new DJI FPV system. Tonight I mounted it and it's ready to test. This will be my first FPV flight with the DJI system and I'm super excited about it.

Thanks so much generous, helpful friend!

bweaver

@sihinch , is that a new covering technique?

Stiched black leather?   ::)

zhurui45

happy to see u get into dji fpv, btw can I know where u find the 3d file of this? I may need to print one as well

sihinch

Here you go, Ray:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4082399

I did fly the Bixler today and the FPV was incredible.  The video (from the air unit) is also amazing.  When I get some clips uploaded, I will post them.

It was bleedin' cold though. I'm going to watch my fingers tonight for frostbite!

sihinch

Quote from: bweaver on March 21, 2020, 11:46:35 AM
@sihinch , is that a new covering technique?

Stiched black leather?   ::)

Yes. Yes it is.  This is my Goth Banshee plane.  From now on, it will be known as "Siouxsie Sioux"

sihinch