• March 31, 2020, 03:43:13 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Author Topic: New project - West Wings Fournier RF4  (Read 13 times)

Michael, davidk and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Michael

• TEMAC President
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
    • http://www.temac.ca
  • TEMAC #: 1
New project - West Wings Fournier RF4
« on: Today at 02:11:41 pm »
This is a semi-scale model kit of a Fournier RF4, a motor-powered single person glider. The kit is about 10 years old, and is intended for a brushed 400 motor (I'm using brushless) and 3 channel operation. The wingspan is about 1500 mm (59"). The wood parts are CNC-cut (cut by machine instead of die-cut or laser-cut), and some hardware is included.

(I can't believe my wife is letting me get away with building model airplanes all day while she's so busy cleaning up the whole house, and cooking fantastic meals!)

« Last Edit: Today at 03:12:36 pm by Michael »

Michael

Online Michael

• TEMAC President
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
    • http://www.temac.ca
  • TEMAC #: 1
Re: New project - West Wings Fournier RF4
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:09:40 pm »
The kit does not have landing gear, but the full size has a single retractable wheel.

I have a small retract that I will use. I already programmed my radio so the retract toggle switch will function on the fourth channel (I'm using a 4-channel receiver); the model does not have ailerons, and that's how I'll build it. I fly other 3-channel gliders (no ailerons) with ease.

The wing is supposed to be held on with elastics, but I will have to cut out part of the center wing to suit the retracted wheel. I will re-enforce the center of the wing, and permanently attach/glue it to the fuselage fuselage for more strength.

« Last Edit: Today at 03:11:51 pm by Michael »
Michael