March 22 meeting at the field- held.. fully observing Covid 19

Started by Frank v B, March 22, 2020, 02:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Seven of us showed up at the field today.

DavidK was there first just before I arrived.  Well, when David said he "arrived home" it meant at Rogo Field.  His wife allowed him to come provided he did not get out of his car.  I am verifying his discipline.  Then Simon showed up, then Vadim, Bruce and BJ.  So after all the idiots committed members showed up we then had the pleasure of seeing Graham come down the driveway.  We all stayed in our cars, two spots apart as policed by Bruce "the Enforcer*".

Simon had 3 flights with his repaired Bixler and small pattern plane.  It was very windy 25-30 km/h and very gusty from the east.

I had two short flights with my Warwing (very short) and Joy Stick.  The Joy Stick behaved well in the bad conditions and made a perfect 3 point, two point, 3 point, 2 point landing.  The cross wind kept catching the wingtip and wanted to flip it over.  It just leaned over when it stopped and gave up but it did not flip.

Do you know how difficult it is to hurl insults at a flyer at one of the flying stones when you have to stay in the car? ;) ;)

Frank

* he even told BJ to move over another spot when he arrived.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Athol

I guess some people don't understand "self-isolation" for 14 days after returning from outside of Canada?  That means "stay at home"!

You won't see me at the field anytime soon with that type of inappropriate and irresponsible behaviour!

I was away too and returned on Friday the 13th and have not left the house except for walking outside for exercise AND far away for those few others I passed on the way!

Maybe see Contagion on Netflix to get a sense of the seriousness of the situation!

BJROB

Hey Athol welcome back  ;D

David stayed in his house ....on wheels  ???
He was told that he was not aloud to come out and play.  :-[
And being the good boy he is obeyed
The command.... besides the parking authority gave much direction....  >:(
trust me I know.  ::)
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

bweaver

Quote from: BJROB on March 23, 2020, 09:13:11 AM
Hey Athol welcome back  ;D

David stayed in his house ....on wheels  ???
He was told that he was not aloud to come out and play.  :-[
And being the good boy he is obeyed
The command.... besides the parking authority gave much direction....  >:(
trust me I know.  ::)

Right on BJ 100%  

Frank v B

The two relevant sentences from my post:

"His wife allowed him to come provided he did not get out of his car.  I am verifying his discipline."

Also, a strong wind was blowing from the east so no-one was down-wind of anyone possibly infected.

Walking down the street could have endangered more people.

There is a fine line between self-quarantine and solitary confinement.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Athol

I am not "self-quarantined" I am self-isolated and not within 2 meters of anyone except my wife!  We are both in the same situation and have not even seen our grandkids.

All I'm saying is that I'm doing what is requested of me requested of me under the circumstances.  People are free to do what they please as long as they don't infringe on my safety.  That said, I'm no paragon of virtue, but I am responsible!