Finally - Frank builds his Warwing

Started by Frank v B, March 01, 2020, 06:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

The forward hooks on the wingtips will serve you well!
Michael

Frank v B

Michael,

They are finger emery boards so I can do my nails while waiting for Bruce to get his plane ready.
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Two can play that game and I can't wait.  :P

Frank v B

OOPS.  Gravity is not just a form of severity.

Flew the Warwing on Sunday in very windy and gusty conditions... from the east.  I launched to the south of the windsock but the wind immediately blew the plane back.  Recovered it once.  Then a second gust flipped it backwards again so I shut down the motor at about 30' altitude pointing upwind and pancaked it in on top of a chair.  The backrest took a chunk out.

The repair:

1) The first photo shows the damage, peculiarly shaped like the back of a chair.
2) mixed 5 minute epoxy, spread it over the broken section, put it together and pinned it with 3 round toothpicks dipped in 5 minute epoxy.  The points will be trimmed off after the glue has dried.

Since it happened when Bruce was not there he cannot get credit for the kill.  He will probably start talking about the power of mental telepathy.

Frank

BJROB

Frank
I have the same challenges with my warwing....
With more repairs to it and it's never been in a...... doggy fight....😞
I use epoxy with clear packing tap.... still Flies 😅..... for a few seconds.... 😦
Then more epoxy....😁
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

davidk

bweaver

Re: Since it happened when Bruce was not there he cannot get credit for the kill.

First of all, what happened cannot be considered a 'kill'. Attempted suicide, maybe.  Regardless, in my experience the result is only a minor flesh wound. 

Further Frank, I wouldn't take credit for the crash on my telepathic skills or on your failure to fly well...

I would attribute this crash to having taken too much care while painting it. 

I can't say it enough -  It's only a Warwing!  (But it still looks pretty good, even after the repair.) 

EDIT - It will look even better with a ribbon trailing behind it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Frank v B

re: "Now it looks like a Warwing  ;)"

Wait until the surgery has been completed.  That will happen tonight.

Frank

Frank v B

Surgery completed. 25 "stitches" later.

Done!

Frank

sihinch

Frank - please ensure you only ever use red or white ribbons. Unless you can get a red AND white ribbon - that would be OK too.

GuyOReilly

Quote from: Frank v B on March 23, 2020, 02:30:00 PM
Surgery completed. 25 "stitches" later.
So, with 25 stitches are you going to call it "Frankenstein" or "Frank & Stein" or "Frank Einstein"???

Frank v B

Guy,

re: "Frankenstein"

SSHHH! if the guys hear this then Bruce is going require a bolt through the cockpit, then Andy will want to make sure the bolt is made of lead and so on...   ;)

Simon, red and white it will be.... especially for the Canada day event.

Frank

ps: how about Frank Incensed.