TEMAC Tickler - Coronavirus 2020

Started by Michael, March 29, 2020, 05:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

For the Well Being of our Members

As before, I hope all of our members, friends and families are doing as well as possible.

There have been a slew of emails being fired off between board members, and lots of discussion on the TEMAC website forum regarding attending the TEMAC field during the Coronavirus outbreak.

Some members are complaining that others are not properly following government recommended protocol, while others are insisting that with proper behaviour, risks are minimal. Some members are asking me to set down rules regarding who can and who cannot fly at the field and what the proper behaviour should be.

The TEMAC board cannot effectively enforce any behaviour or protocol at the field regarding this terrible sickness that is affecting the whole world. Therefore, if any of you absolutely do not want to potentially expose others to the virus, nor absolutely want to potentially risk exposing yourselves to the virus, then stay home. Minimal risk still equals some risk.

All scheduled field activities, funflies, meetings and events are officially cancelled until further notice.

A few members are posting stories and photos of models they are building. Please participate on the TEMAC website forum. This situation will eventually end, and we will get back to having fun, outside, together! In the meantime, stay safe, healthy, and be good to your friends and family.
Michael

Michael

Addendum to the Tickler - March 29, 2020.

Although the board does not have the means to enforce any prohibition of flying at the TEMAC field, a majority of the TEMAC board strongly discourages any member from flying at the field.

Government recommended restrictions are getting more and more strict.

I, for one, will not fly at the field until further notice.

Please, stay home.
Michael

bweaver

Thanks for the update Michael. 

WARNING - The following might sound like preaching, but read on only if you wish.

As Michael has described, many points of view are subjective. We have to maintain our commitments to being good friends regardless of our different views. That's what keeps us civilized and permits us to enjoy our families, friends, hobbies and other things that are important to us during these viral times.

In my experience, I believe 95% of the people I have met genuinely care about others less fortunate and are willing to assist as best as possible.  Let's work together and as individuals to ensure everyone's needs are and can be met.

Many people, (perhaps even some among us) are going to have to rely on the assistance of others now and in the future. 

Let's keep sight of what's really important, move on and make a positive impact.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Bruce

bfeist

This isn't complicated, everyone. Flying toy airplanes for fun is the definition of non-essential travel and social interaction.

Stay home and build stuff and let's keep in touch on the forum.

Ben

GuyOReilly

Just a suggestion/question:
Would it be desirable to add to the club's main webpage a notation to the effect that the field is temporarily closed due to COVID-19?
As this would be on the main page, it would notify any potential new member of the situation without going into the message board or string of email.
Thank you for taking this into consideration.
Guy

bfeist

Great suggestion, I've just made the change on the club homepage.

Stay safe, everyone.

Ben

GuyOReilly

Thank you, wash your hands and stay safe!!!
Guy