2020 CoVid Builds - a Gallery

Started by sihinch, April 10, 2020, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

I do hope everyone is safe and well still. I do miss seeing everyone.

Just an idea - so we can all look back on this challenging time and see what we did with our time, I thought I would create a photographic record of the projects I worked on. 

Very happy for everyone to add photos of their (model) accomplishments, too.  No massive description of the work, perhaps just photo(s) and title.  And personally, I'm going to add photos of finished projects only, not "in progress" or build photos.

Here are my first few:

1. VQ Models 0.46 Sea Hurricane, 58" wingspan powered by E-Flite .46 on 5S.
2. Bixler 1.1 (assembled, crashed, repaired and re-flown) for DJI Digital FPV system
3. Skylark F3a (assembled, crashed, repaired and re-flown) with 2216 1250kV motor on 3S.
4. Freewing 64mm EDF F-22 Raptor for 4S.
5. SU-27 EPP pusher for 3S bought from Ken Ross and given a re-paint.

Michael

Great idea, Simon.

My Dumas Pietenpol.
Westwings Fournier RF4.
Alien Aircraft Dragon 42
Scratch-built Avro Arrow pusher

May 22, 2020: all have maidened successfully.

The above planes are all built-up models, and now I've added one ARF; the E-FliteRC Citation jet. It flies well.

Michael

Gregor77

Here are some of mine. 1/4 SIG cub. I got this from Gary in midland Ontario. Such a nice guy it was a pleasure to deal with him. Lots of cool stuff. A balsa USA phaeton 90. Typical cadez and made it into an early German recon plane. It was already painted a light gray. Fits 1/6 figure. An FOV (Field of armour) static German Tiger I E late. This was given to me by a gentleman named Bill to finish off as he didn't have the resources or time. It is painted like a Tiger used in Russia. I wanted to use this for the bomb drop or during warbirds. But we have to wait and see. Let's see some more builds guys.

ppalumbo

1. Hangar 9 F6F Hellcat 64" Wingspan, Turnigy SK3-5055-430Kv, Eflite Retracts and Struts.
2. Phoenix Focke-Wulf FW-190 55" Wingspan, Turnity SK3-5045-450Kv, HK Retracts, Recovered Ruder & part of underside in yellow.
3. Black Horse Mosquito 63" Wingspan, Rimfire 15's, need to add a pair of 2 3/4 white spinners, may swap ESC's to allow 4S.
4. Hangar 9 P-47D Thunderbolt 67" Wingspan, turnigy Propdrive 50-60-380Kv, Eflite Retracts and Struts. Runs on 6s-8s.  Looking for a 3 Blade 17-10 Prop for it.
5. Hangar 9 Sundowner 50 63" Wingspan, Turnigy SK3 5055-580KV, will run on 6S with 13x10 prop, should be quick.
6. Phoenix ZERO A6M 55" Wingspan, Eflite BL-50 525Kv, HK Retracts, was a very nice build where everything just seemed to work.

Hoping to complete a Phoenix P-51 and maybe a Black Horse B-25 as well. Working with fiberglass for the first time to repair the cowl on the Hangar 9 Corsair 50, interesting experience thus far.

Here's hoping Maiden Day can come soon!!

Gerald Danen

E-flite Piper Cherokee 1.3m
"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance."

Gregor77

Peter where are you getting the phoenix models from?  They look great!  Love the zero!

octagon

I didn't really  build the spitfire, bought it from a guy in Peterborough, but it needed a lot of TLC.   The Red Ultra Sport was about 70% finished when I bought it from Athol. He built 2 and we are looking forward to flying them together at some point. The little yellow guy is a Ken Willard Schoolboy that I scratch built. one as a kid free flight that caught a thermal and ended up 10 miles away. Currently at the finishing stage of a 60 Super Chipmunk, and then next is a BUSA Laker flying boat.
What could possibly go wrong?

ppalumbo

Quote from: Gregor77 on April 11, 2020, 01:23:59 PM
Peter where are you getting the phoenix models from?  They look great!  Love the zero!

Hi Greg, I've been getting them from Towers Hobbies.  I also have the Phoenix spitfire and dauntless in the same size and once you have them set up they fly great.  Here is the link for the zero.  https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLSRW&P=0

msatin

Not sure if these qualify as builds but here goes
1. HobbyKing Cessna
2. Twisted Hobbys Crack Yak
You never fail until you stop trying

bweaver

I'm not sure if these qualify. 

Unfortunately there still may be concerns about social distancing when it comes time to fly them.   ;D

sihinch

My E.E. Lightning is now finished!

680g AUW.  Feels quite heavy for a little plane but it's 30g lighter than the max weight.

Michael

Michael

octagon

That looks really great Simon. I has elevons does it?
What could possibly go wrong?

Frank v B

Pipsqueak mini pylon racer 23" span, speed 400-ish
the build post http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,7425.0.html
"Never trade luck for skill"

Gregor77

Ziroli DR1. Restoration